corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Water Leak!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water Leak!?
JoshE93

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is a corsa forum but i was once the owner of a corsa and i know you actually get alot of help from here haha the problem is with a renault clio 2001

Noticed a burning smell a few days ago coming from engine, had a look this afternoon turns out i had no water or coolant at all.
Put some water in and it dripped straight back out from somewhere underneath the car.
Where would it becoming from cant tell the exact place because it is just running down where ever it can then just dripping to the ground.
Topped it back up with alot of water put it up on the ramps but couldnt see anything dripping anymore but you could see where it had ran.
Took the car for a blast came back the water level was the exact same as before, but the water and the tank it is in was stone cold, all the pipes from the water tank going to the engine was absolutly scolding.

Does this suggest theres a blockage in the pipes, the thermostat has gone or the water pump has gone?

Need help
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be an air lock causing the temp problems. Where it could be leaking from is anyones guess really,

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by Eddx14xe]

New Poll