corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clunking/ grinding noise when driving ??? HELP!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clunking/ grinding noise when driving ??? HELP!!!!!!!
Matt H

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 03 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when im driving there is no noise but as soon as i put my clutch in i can hear a weird clunking noise (metal on metal). seems to be coming from the front wheel on the drivers side.

im thinking it could be my drive shaft thats daffy ducked but im not sure

anyone else had this problem?

its a x plate 1.2 16v corsa b

cheers

matt
Spence

22nd Apr 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am gettin a load clunkin noise as well from either the front right or rear right but its wen i am driving along and it only occours wen turning in both directions
Dav

22nd Apr 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be loose wheel nuts or bearings or something?

Mind when I got my car MOT'd last time the garage didn't put my rear wheels on properly when they were checkin the brake drums.
The wheel nuts were on tight enough but the bearing in the middle of the drum was loose so the whole wheels were shaking and "clunking" over bumps and round corners.
Safe to say I won't be taking my car back to that garage as they fucked up quite a few things up on my car that day

New Poll