corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brakes grinding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes grinding
derbysgeezer

User status: Offline
25th Nov 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes have been grinding these past few weeks, checked pads and shoes and they were fine, but both my cylinders were split so I took them to the garage and had them replaced. But I can still hear the grinding with the cylinders replaced. I can hear it mostly first thing in the day when I use the car but after braking a bit while driving the noise fades away. Does anyone know what it is? Its definatly coming from the back.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Nov 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably something needs greasing up in the rear drums.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Nov 03 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you have a new hand brake cable fitted ?? mine were doing the same thing and a new Hand Brake cable has sorted my problem
derbysgeezer

25th Nov 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not had a new hand brake cable fiited mate. Like I said the grinding only starts when I first use the car on the day, once I have used the brakes a few times it slowly goes. I thought it might have been corrosion who something like that but the geezer who did the cylinders said he cleaned all the crap off. I think I'll have to go back there tomorrow.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by derbysgeezer]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brakes grinding 22 database queries in 0.0105700 seconds