corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best Router

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best Router
Munchie

User status: Offline
5th Jan 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, recently purchased more devices that require wifi connection therefore I would like to upgrade my router to a N type and also 1 with more range.....

Currently running a pooey router and cannot upgrade till May 2012!

Netgear is prob preffered!

Cheers
Sam
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've installed a few DGN1000s for people and they seem OK, although they are only 150Mbps - the DGN2000 I think it is, is 300Mbps but some people have reported overheating issues with them - dunno if that's been sorted now.

Also, although the setup screens are a bit shit (typical Chinese - English translations) I recommend the Tenda W306R if you want something to work alongside your existing broadband router. The Tenda doesn't have a built-in modem, but I've got two of these at home running alongside the router supplied by Sky and I can get wireless signal no problem anywhere around the house and even outside!
Munchie

5th Jan 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The actual speeds and amount of devices that connect to our router is crap! Its a free Thomson router from plusnet and really cannot handle the load at all

I have a netgear router that my mate gave me but dont think that is very good either
Whittie

5th Jan 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the netgear n900, and its awesome.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
The actual speeds and amount of devices that connect to our router is crap! Its a free Thomson router from plusnet and really cannot handle the load at all

I have a netgear router that my mate gave me but dont think that is very good either

You realise that everything connecting to it will also need N cards plus it won't alter your internet speed.
DaveyLC

7th Jan 12 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got a Cisco RV110W.... I'm well impressed.. Initially bought it as its one of the only 'affordable' routers thats got a pukka hardware PPTP VPN and its got some great bandwidth management features so I'm getting lag free gaming on the XBOX even if the missus is caning facebook/ebay.

New Poll