corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how fast is a standard mpi 1.4sri corsa? i want to buy 1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how fast is a standard mpi 1.4sri corsa? i want to buy 1
chunbaouk

User status: Offline
   17th Apr 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any1 have 1? does they out perform a 106xsi? wats the 0-60 time and wat are the first engine mods u would do? induction kit? superchip? exhaust?
lacky75

17th Apr 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v/16v? think the book time for these are 10.5 0-60.

best mods to start off with would be to drill the bottom of the air box and fit it will a performance filter (pvd panel, k&n..ect) then run some air ductiong from the front bumper to the air box (where u drilled the holes). £40 for panel + ducting

stainless steal cat back system should help matters along some (if u can afford it a sports cat should free up a few bhp

Cat-back £200+
Sports Cat £200ish

would really bother with a superchip, get the engine camed + inlet manifold www.pvdnet.co.uk should give u a few options then u can add a datek unichip (these are set-up to ur specific engine)

inlet £300ish
datek unichip £450

this should give u some very nice 0-60times and really up the tourque and bhp.
chunbaouk

17th Apr 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent cheers mate, its 8valve, i heard the early ecotec 16v lumps are a bit unreliable sticky valves etc, wat do u think?
chunbaouk

17th Apr 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if i just took the cat out completely that would be illegal but free the most bhp? correct?
broster
Premium Member

17th Apr 03 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrct bout cat but id go for the 16v, its better, had no probs with mine, they are a newer car too so the old 8vs will be a tad worn, getthe 16v sport
chunbaouk

17th Apr 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u think? i know they started 16v on n or p reg or sumthing, r they the corsa with the vauxhall V at the front? do u get lecky windows with an sri? i heard the 16v is better with top end, but the 8v has more low down torque
Tom

17th Apr 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more low down torque is correct, and I wouldn't say 16v's a prone to sticky valves but there has been some examples.

8v is a very relaible motor i'm picking another one up this week of Ian...cheers ian superchip (mibee a cam) induction kit full stainless exhaust (soon to have manifold and cat sorted hopefully quite nippy as u say...

but i would say if your gonna tune one up defo go for the 16v well more potential (tb's lexmaul/matzel boxes)

Only reason i'm sticking with my 8v is cos i can't be assed fookin round with mounts etc etc
Daimo B

17th Apr 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 8v SRi Mpi =
0-60 in 11.5
Top speed is 108mph (but i think thats wrong, i think its 112mph like the 16v)

chunbaouk

17th Apr 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys!
Bonus

17th Apr 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chunbaouk
u think? i know they started 16v on n or p reg or sumthing, r they the corsa with the vauxhall V at the front? do u get lecky windows with an sri? i heard the 16v is better with top end, but the 8v has more low down torque

Sri 16v values started on M-plates. Mines a 16v, the V-grills are on +97 models. Leccy windows was on option on these models. 16v is better all round really. If you can afford it tho get a slightly newer sport.
jmucorsasport

17th Apr 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 1.4 sport 16v T reg, 4 inch backbox, and PVD BFO cone induction kit...raced my mates 8v sri an beat it by a half a car i got a bad start at the lights...

If u get a de-cat pipe u will fail the MOT by law u need a CAT to reduce emissions....Or if u know a nice MOT guy ur sorted a de-cat will free up bout 10bhp at most. go with 4-2-1 manifold, courtenay cams, full system zaust, induction kit.
chunbaouk

17th Apr 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thought so, gotta save up my mates knows his stuff when it comes to the trusty old 8v engines, he has a 8v modded astra, he reckons theyre tough and trustworthy, bt then agen he wudnt want me to get a sixteen-valva now would he!
Tom

17th Apr 03 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah tbh the 8v are strong engines but they're old generation now, 16v's are better but again more expensive to fix...more parts...more to go wrong

New Poll