corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage advice ..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage advice ..
Hammer

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am no more help than you are as I am not a mortgage advisor
Rob B

3rd Aug 11 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I'm sorry Hammer, that I was trying to give some constructive advice to my friend Rob B.

I think by the size of my essay, it's quite clear I was typing fast / rambling, but thankfully you and Aaron were here to point out the mistake so Rob wasn't confused any further.

At least Rob can get some useful advice from your replies to his question ... oh wait.

Cheers for the advice, the way it's been broke down and the way offset was explained above has been helpful
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compare the offset ones carefully though, just looked a few there to see how they sit alongside traditional products and all the ones I saw have a larger application fee.

Cost to borrow back against a Barclays mortgage is £150 every time you do it - which you can do so long as you stay within your LTV threshold of the product.

Offset one would have no fee each time you borrow back - but a £1499 set up fee.

Meaning you would have to need the money 10 times to make it worthwhile affording yourself the flexibility.

Plus the Barclays tracker if it is like mine comes with a reserve account facility, which works like an overdraft, the limit for which goes up as you increase the equity in the loan. I can move money from that at no cost and it currently has £20k available - which is roughly what I have paid off the balance.
Rob B

3rd Aug 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's good to know, have a meeting at Barclays about this on Saturday so they should be able to give an idea of what we can do. I don't mind putting 75-80k down if it's accesible still.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll