corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Compression Test Results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compression Test Results
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
1st Jul 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a corsa sport and my granddad has done a compression test. Came back with 0 on cylinders 12,4 and a reading of 100 on cylinder 3.

Does this mean the valves have had it then? If it is the valves is it a case of head off and replace them?

Cheers
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be valves, and yes, head off.

Could be gasket, head off again.

Could be fucked rings/bores, head off again.

So yeah, head needs to come off.
Simon_16v

1st Jul 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i understand the head would need to be removed, it doesnt require any special tools to do that does it?

If the valves are shagged, is it a case of just replacing them? If not what do i need to do?
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its the valves then you'll need to remove them with a valve spring comprerssion tool (£20-30)

Remove valves, stem oil seals etc (stem seals will come with HG kit)

Then to fit new valves youll need some seating compound and a stick thing (has a suction pad on each end)

Proper instructions will most likey be on the past tub but you basicly paste up the valve seat then insert the valve and spin the valve using the stick thing.

I'll see if i can find a guide
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice little guide here....

http://www.v6z24.com/howto/valvelapping

New Poll