corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone Battery - White sticker

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Battery - White sticker
sc0ott

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is a question thats probably never been asked on CS before.
Does anyone know where i could get a white sticker that you see on phone batteries?

To be specific its for my girlfriends shity htc wildfire and the one she has turned pink which can only be water damage but the phone hasnt been near water or else it would be fucked.

she took it back to tmobile as it kept playing up and they returned it after only updating the software which didnt work and now it seems to be playing up again and when she took it into the shop they said its down to water damage which i recon is bullshit. I think they have licked the battery sticker just so they dont send it away.

its either the sticker or a new battery before she takes it back in because theres no other way of proving its water damaged.
John

8th Jun 11 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll probably have more water indicators. Be sure they won't have turned pink before wasting money.

The old 'it's water damaged' seems to be becoming more and more common.
sc0ott

9th Jun 11 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it does have them somewhere inside i and her can be pretty sure theyre fine considering her phone has never landed in or near water.

She doesnt have insurance either
Doug

9th Jun 11 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That doesn't matter.

Loads of iPhones turned their stickers pink just from going outside and then coming into a warm house in winter
Sam
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort of related, but on my laptop (nearly a year old) the clear coating on the Windows 7 sticker was curling at the corners so I removed it, now the white bits of the sticker are turning pink!
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat pissed on my missus old phone, didnt turn the sticker pink nor did it wreck the phone, not much use to you, but at least you know you can wee on your phone and it wont break it or invalidate the warranty
youngsezer

9th Jun 11 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have to go near water as such, some phones and camera's get water damage just from being in your pocket in the rain, seen it happen at work
nathy_87

9th Jun 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sticker you on about amte? I've got a HTC Wildfire and I have no sticker on the battery.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe your cat pissed on it
sc0ott

9th Jun 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nathy 87, its the little white one next to the little power bar bits.

youngsexer, i know. it could also be down to condensation but for a phone company to make a decision based on a small shitty sticker is shocking.
sc0ott

9th Jun 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
cat pissed on my missus old phone, didnt turn the sticker pink nor did it wreck the phone, not much use to you, but at least you know you can wee on your phone and it wont break it or invalidate the warranty

Bear Grylls would fuck you up for saying that.
Munchie

9th Jun 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever thought of just replacing the battery and then taking it to another retailer like CPW to be looked at?! or HTC themselves
sc0ott

9th Jun 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the second option but that leads to another question, would she need to replace it with a genuine htc battery or just a cheap shitty one?
Jambo

9th Jun 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Water damage bullshit

Going from the heat outside to cold outside or vice cersa can do it. Window sills, rain etc etc.

Seen it a thousand times. Its litmus paper, not rocket science. If its come into contact with moisture it will go pink. If its "Just gone p[ink" then why is the phone coincidently faulty?

Suck it up and buy a new one.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i saw u in the street i would definately greet you
Ojc

9th Jun 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f u
Chris
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when they go back for fix they take the back and batt out and just send the phone, so go the shop minus batt and back
sc0ott

10th Jun 11 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo.. The faults are exactly the same as before she sent it away the last time yet the battery sticker wasnt pink.
Texts not in the proper order in the convo, she clicks on one contact in her phonebook and it calls someone else, and its constantly slow.
Im sure if it was 'water damaged' they would have pulled her up on it the last time it was sent back.

Shes had a look at genuine htc batteries and they are like £12-17. I have found stickers which are £4.50 delivered. Cant see her wanting a spare battery tbh.
Eddx14xe

10th Jun 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It'll probably have more water indicators. Be sure they won't have turned pink before wasting money.

The old 'it's water damaged' seems to be becoming more and more common.

I was in o2 a while ago and a guy came in with a blackberry. The sound didnt work properly, he gave it to the woman to look at. She had one glimpse through the speaker hole and said its water damaged. He was like wtf you cant even see anything through the hole, she then basically told him to fuck off and said there was nothing they can do

New Poll