corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » girlfriend's k800 went funny with usb cable in, now wont turn on?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author girlfriend's k800 went funny with usb cable in, now wont turn on?
Carl

User status: Offline
26th May 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone heard of similiar? Has it killed the phone entirely? all she said is it made the usual usb connected noise then went off and now won't turn on again? We go away in 2 weeks for the summer so going to be trouble if its died, can't see orange turning a phone repair around in less than that and can't see them replacing it without sending it anywhere etc.
eddiewhiteley

26th May 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that happened with my k810i the day i got it,plugged it in and it got really hot then died

had to return it and got sent a new one,dont know what happened,im guessing the battery went knackered
Carl

26th May 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
that happened with my k810i the day i got it,plugged it in and it got really hot then died

had to return it and got sent a new one,dont know what happened,im guessing the battery went knackered

i'm hoping it is just the battery and not the actual software etc.
Robin
Premium Member

26th May 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing you've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and plugging it back into the USB cable and trying?
Carl

26th May 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'm guessing you've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and plugging it back into the USB cable and trying?

she says she's tried taking battery out, leaving it for a bit and putting it back on but still nothing.
Carl

27th May 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was the battery that has died. Seems a bit odd, reckon there is anyway of getting a new battery off orange without having to send the phone away, shes only about 5 months into the contract with that phone, you would expect a battery to last longer than that.

New Poll