corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » NAS question..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NAS question..
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought there might be someone on here that may be able to help.

I've never used a NAS before so just looking to see if this would work.

I've got a USB port on my Panasonic tv that allows me to connect a storage device to play media from.

I cant really be bothered unplugging an external hard drive every time I want to put new content on it.

Do NAS' allow you to connect via usb and ethernet so that I could remotely upload files to it and then view them via USB on the tv?

Is there anything that would allow me to do this or am I just pissing in the wind?

>>>> Chris <<<<

ed

31st May 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They tend to just sit on your network as a file server with only network access. There may be a product out there that does what you want and I know that you can get USB HDD's which also have an ethernet connection.

Is your TV DLNA approved? A DLNA TV will have an ethernet port in the back of it so it can access files from your network. If you don't, then a media center will do the job for you. These range from Apple TV's to Popcorn Hour's to PC's in compact cases, but they may be the best option for what you want to do if your TV doesn't already have it built in.
noshua

31st May 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the model number of the Panasonic TV and we can see if it supports DNLA
Chrissy
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't look like it does.. Its the TX-P50S20 I've got.

>>>> Chris <<<<

New Poll