corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Mirror Switch Queries

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Mirror Switch Queries
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
10th Apr 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my new electric mirror switch here, but i've got a few reservations about its condition and need to ask people who have one if theres is the same.

The first problem is that there is no 'plug' on the end of the wires - just 10 wires coming out of it cut at the ends.

Second problem is that the D-pad thing has very little travel going left and down. It moves ok going up and right but I'mworried it won't work.

Thirs problem is the button to heat 'em up - the button goes in but comes outthe same distance - is it supposed to stay in a little bit when on or is this ok?

Thanks.
Dav

10th Apr 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a plug on the und of the wires which fits and clicks into another plug inside the door card.
The heated button doesn't stay pushed in on my control, just comes back to its position and a small amber light stays on while it heats (auto goes off after 15mins or so)

Dunno about the D-pad travel tho. mine is pretty even all round.
Mav 3000

10th Apr 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dav. I know the lack of plug may be a problem on the end as I may wish to disconnect it at some point - not solder it onto my wiring loom for good.

My mum's gor a Corsa C so I'll check the travel onher switch when she finishes work tonight, but if mine's crap then I've got to get another one ASAP.

New Poll