corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Track rods

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track rods
Dan295

User status: Offline
21st Apr 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
It won't be perfect. A tape measure is nowhere near accurate enough to measure tracking

tape measure no, wood and string works though
adiohead

User status: Offline
21st Apr 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
a steering wheel shouldnt have to come off really, its pretty pikey. should have gone to national tyres in berkhampstead (if thats not too far) theyve tracked up two cars ive driven and its spot on for £15/£20. they can take off the track rod arm and extend it correctly

It wasn't on the correct notch. There is a centre alignment marking on vag steering wheels and it was one off.

I measured the rods from the lock bolt to the end of the thread on the track rods.

The wheels are still parallel. It drove straight before but the steering wheel has always been off. Now the wheel is straight.

A garage would have done the same

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll