corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Living Room / Wood Work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Living Room / Wood Work
Kathryn W

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I see some pictures of your living rooms please?

I'm getting bored of ours now, we just painted the walls when we moved in and im getting rather bored of them now!

Also what colour is your woodwork, i.e skirting boards, doors, door frames and window sills?

All mine are in a horrible orangey colour wood (Varnished) but they look awful, and it doesnt help having different coloured wooden floor and fire place, so i'm tempted to paint them all white?
AndyKent

17th Apr 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ceilings painted in brilliant white silk, walls slightly off white, the lightest hint of brown in them. When I say slightest its barely noticeable until dusk, otherwise looks all white pretty much. Didn't plan it that way but looks good. Chimney breast is chocolate brown colour.

Skirtings, doors and architraves all varnished in a warm walnut. Feature window glossed white.

As I'm in the top of a converted house (top floor flat) I've also got a few rafters coming through, they had previously been heavily glossed so rather than strip right back ended up also doing those chocolate brown.

Overall looks pretty classy but practical IMO. Works for the age of the house.

No pictures to hand though

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by AndyKent]
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ceilings, white
walls, outer mongolia
skirting, doors, sills, architrave etc etc glossed white
Ben G

18th Apr 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[img][/img]

white woodwork, white ceiling and coving, malt chocolate walls and a feature wall on the right.

not the biggest but practical and nice enough for us.
ENB

18th Apr 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silk woodwork, gloss coving. White wallpaper (with silvery bits) on three walls and black on the fourth.

RichR
Premium Member

19th Apr 11 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This isn't my living room but it'll be the same idea downstairs; Gloss white architrave and skirting and 'white oak' doors. I got carried away with glossing though; 2 coats of Primer, 2 coats of undercoat and 4 coats of gloss.

I have Oak floor to go in downstairs and it'll mostly be brilliant white walls and brilliant white ceiling and one feature wall in each room

[Edited on 19-04-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Gary
Premium Member

21st Apr 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooo, don't paint wood! Just get them back to wood an use a good stain/varnish.

Dark oak looks good
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Apr 11 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Light oak is nice but most mouldings will be pine!

Ours are all white, if were to change would go for oak.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll