corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing Master Cylinder on a B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing Master Cylinder on a B
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 11 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title, how hard a job is this? Car in question is an XE if that makes any difference.
alan-g-w

2nd Apr 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one tried this before? Ideally looking for an answer before tomorrow
AlexW

2nd Apr 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an arse, Gotta remove the scuttle etc stuff iirc, Just use a pair of mole grips on the brake unions, Try to not round them off.

Otherwise just be careful of brake fluid and dont get it over your car.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 11 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine choice shouldn't make a difference as you're mostly dealing with behind the scuttle and under the dash.

If I remember correctly it's only four bolts between you and the master cylinder coming out but there's a lot in the way first before you get to that point.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Four bolts, you can see three on the bottom of the part. From what I remember, the entire assembly will come out including the brake pedal once those are loose.
alan-g-w

2nd Apr 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I wasn't sure if the brake pipes in the engine bay would have anything to do with it.

Cheers for the image Ian, I actually thought it was mounted vertically. I'm not looking forward to the challenge of the scuttle etc tbh, good to see that it's not quite as complicated as I first thought though.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 11 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scuttle isn't that hard.

Wiper arms, big plastic bolt thing under those, five screws for the scuttle, you'll see as you get there.

New Poll