corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake upgrades - master cylinder issues?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake upgrades - master cylinder issues?
Johnny A

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although in my application this isn't for a Corsa-B the servo and master cylinder are, I am using this setup in my Nova. I am all set to fit Calibra V6 front calipers but I read on MIG that certain master cylinders are not up to the job is pumping enough fluid to the much larger caliper pistons and I am limited to the 256mm setup.

The servo and master cylinder are from a late 1.2 Corsa.

Is this true? If so would fitting a GSi master cylinder be any bigger and do the job??
shauny bizzle

23rd Jan 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt think there wa any differnece in them possibly might be but the v6 set up aint all that great on corsa servos and masters, best bet is cav turbo calipers smaller pistons
Johnny A

23rd Jan 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turbo pistons are only marginally smaller though, anyone else got any insight?
shauny bizzle

23rd Jan 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but that might be enough mate as i was on about v6 brakes but everyone said turbo calipers lol or stick with 2 litres
Johnny A

23rd Jan 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am thinking 350bhp and heavy track use might overwhelm them lol
shauny bizzle

23rd Jan 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true or start looking toward wilwood or tardox
davieslim

23rd Jan 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my corsa ive got calibra turbo fronts and cavalier v6 rears with bfgoodrich hoses and dot 5.1 brake fluid and have a great pedal and even after a kicking ive not felt any faid
Johnny A

23rd Jan 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking maybe putting up with it for the time being, the car will need buckets of testing, running in and mapping so maybe I can use that till I afford 4-pots or something.
corsa-let-09

24th Jan 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got same problem with mine v6 calipers discs and cant get brakes to bleed poperly i think the master sylinder is at fault but even my last corsa had spongy brakes , the pedal travels alot more as the master sylinder struggle sputting all the fluid to the piston,. someone said to use the v6 master cylinder but i dont know if its a straight forward fit
Ant

25th Jan 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't fit a bigger master cylinder from the vauxhall familey the corsa set up is quite unique, iv heard of people modifying a late 90's mondeo one to fit other than that ull be looking at a pedal box if it's for track use

New Poll