corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New Shower cost to fit? (mattk?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Shower cost to fit? (mattk?)
dannymccann

User status: Offline
30th Jan 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/triton-luca-thermostatic-shower-with-5-year-guarantee-59-99-was-129-99-screwfix/864320

Ive got the same thing but made by Bristan in my ensuite but would like one of these fitting to my main bathroom where we just have a bath at the moment. Depending on the work / cost involved I may just go for some of those massive taps with a shower head fitment on them that has a lever to switch it over.

How much are these things to plumb in? I live in a new build so have all those plastic pipe things, not sure if that makes it an easier job though? Also have a combi boiler, does that mean I dont need a pump as it would be 'powered' solely by the boiler, unlike (I think) 'gravity fed' systems?

Cheers!

mattk

30th Jan 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no pump needed if you have a combi as the hot and cold are both mains pressure

could be a bit of work to fit, the pipes need to be in the wall or behind the wall so if there is a cupboard behind the wall its going on thst would be ideal. if not you would have to chase the wall out, which means taking tiles off if its all tiled. not hard to fit just possibly messy and time consuming, if you dont want the mess then the best option would be to change the taps for a mixer tap / mixer shower
dannymccann

30th Jan 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Answered how I thought, really can't be armed taking new tiles off and knocking holes in walls, mixer tap makes more sense, cheers Matt

New Poll