corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bath or Shower???

Poll: Bath or Shower???
Get rid of bath and fit only a shower 8 (25.81%)
Fit new bath and shower above 20 (64.52%)
Use the garden hose in the back yard! 3 (9.68%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bath or Shower???
ash_corsa

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, before we even have the keys to our new place we are trying to plan everything out!

The bathroom needs totally re-doing.
At the moment its quite small, 2.5m x 1.5m and comprises of a pedestal basin, toilet and bath.

Now.. Where you would normally put a shower (at the tap end of the bath on the wall) there is a window overlapping the bath so you wouldnt be able to put a screen up. We dont really want to seriously alter the layout of the bathroom due to costs etc..

Do you think it would be silly to not install a bath and just have a smart shower enclosure? I dont imagine we would take baths very often but i think its always good to have one...

Opinions?
ash_corsa

8th Apr 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Floorplan

R Lee

8th Apr 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the exact same boat as you

I've come to the decision of whipping the bath out. I personally hate taking baths and i can't imagine myself missing it tbh.

Instead, I'm going to spend a shitload of money on a super shower that sprays me in all possible directions
ash_corsa

8th Apr 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy a bath, but showers are more economical.

Just wondered when it comes to selling the house, would not having a bath installed put some people off?
Ben G

8th Apr 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you not relocate the taps/shower head to the opposite end of the bath? and have a screen up there?
R Lee

8th Apr 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally everybody i've asked, has a bath in their house, whether they use it or not.
I don't plan on moving out of this house anytime soon, so i'm just going to stick with a shower. My house will have 2 showers and no baths in total
dannymccann

9th Apr 09 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think a female 'visitor' or 'housemate' will appreciate no baths in the house

That floorplan does look like a pain in the arse though

Whats wrong with putting up one of those telescopic poles with a shower curtain on? It would stick to the wall above the window wouldnt it? Or you can get those ones that curve around to stick on dividing wall and wall with window
Laura

9th Apr 09 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switch the bath and fit a shower above it.

We had same issue, bath was beneath a window. So switched it round.

When you come to sell the house it will put off a lot of people if only a shower imo, especially to young families. It ain't gonna be the corsasport variety that come to view

[Edited on 09-04-2009 by Laura]

[Edited on 09-04-2009 by Laura]
Leighton

9th Apr 09 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would always have a bath in there, makes it better for when you want to sell the place, families want a bath.
drunkenfool

9th Apr 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got rid of the bath at ours and put in a decent shower instead. Got a female flatmate too and she doesnt mind at all
ssj_kakarot

9th Apr 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we didnt have a bath for years due to limit of space, no one missed it.

recently had the bathroom moved up stairs in the extension so its quite large now and we have a bath in there, no one uses it though.

id always go with a nice large shower rather than a bath, looks nicer aswell imo.
C2RL R

9th Apr 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same issue too mate. i almost did away with the bath all together but then changed my mind and ended up redesigning the entire upstairs to increase the size of the bathroom enough to have a separate shower and bath.

it's a big job though so i'd say you should just fuck the bath off. i know what you mean about problems when selling but fuck it. how many people who have both baths and showers actually opt for a bath these days?
ash_corsa

9th Apr 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapping ends and having the taps at the other end is no problem.
But what would the shower mount to? the side wall?

Dont want a manky shower curtain, going for the modern look as the whole house needs doing so a nice glass screen would be ideal but would need one that covers the tap end of the bath and some of the side aswell.

Dont want to have to re-arrange by moving the toilet and sink etc..
Colin

9th Apr 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive only had a shower for 4yrs now...........dont really miss the bath at all. Ive always showered - 2mins scrub head, pits balls - exit in & out job for as long as I remember.
pow
Premium Member

9th Apr 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin
Mo

9th Apr 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your room shape is similar to mine. depending on how wide ur bathroom is.... u might be able to get the bath next to the door.

I left the bath in and put a shower above it. The mixer taps for the shower is flushed into the wall and the shower head is directly above ur head (not like power showers that are stuck to the wall so water is diagonal).

I thought i'd never use the bath until the other day when i was really aching and decided to have a hot bath..... so u'll never know when u need it
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 09 at 02:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't take the decision to remove the bath lightly.
gtitim

10th Apr 09 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toyed with the idea of removing the bath in our place. So pleased i didnt. When i had surgery, having a bath was a great way to relieve pain, then when baby gti came along, we needed it. Cant really put a 3 month old in a shower can you?
Andrew

10th Apr 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bathroom with a bath and shower overhead and another with just a shower with water tray.

I've never used the bath in my flat and just use a shower.

My parents just have a shower at home and sometimes come round to use my bath as apparently releaves pain.

I can't actually remember when i used a bath last in all fairness. I think my set up is a waste of good space but can't be arsed knocking walls down

[Edited on 10-04-2009 by Andrew]
C2RL R

10th Apr 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's entirely your choice tbh. as said, if you were having a baby then you would need a bath but if not then fuck the bath off. there is only you who knows what you need at this moment in time. people talk like there is no going back if you remove the bath. it's not hard to put on back in if you need to in the future.
ash_corsa

10th Apr 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
it's entirely your choice tbh. as said, if you were having a baby then you would need a bath but if not then fuck the bath off. there is only you who knows what you need at this moment in time. people talk like there is no going back if you remove the bath. it's not hard to put on back in if you need to in the future.

Cheers Carl!
No plans for a baby as yet but we dont know how long we will keep the house, 3/5 years maybe.. I like the idea of having a bath like for aches and pains its good but ive never been without a bath so i dont know what itd be like without one!
even to fit a shower enclosure id need a decent corner with no window on the wall?

Anyone care to share pics of theirs??
Russ 200sx

11th Apr 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i removed my bath to fit a shower as i never used to have a bath....hate them an have no kids. as our bathroom i quite small too its made alot of room in there now an its also a double shower so you can still have fun in there lol have a look at my thread on how i went about it
M2RTY

17th Apr 09 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i redid my bathroom i wanted a wide P shape bath and a shower above

ended up moving the door across by a foot, moving the bath onto the other wall, moving the toilet and the sink, radiator too

one hell of a job, all pipes etc outside need routing properly too for the waste, and internal pipes for feeds

during:

after:

Laura

17th Apr 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shower over bath! We moved ours around couldn't live without either. Bathroom is quite small and I think we've utilised space as best we can.

Before:

During:

After:

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by Laura]
Cosmo

17th Apr 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know the room sizes or anything, but this is what I would do if it didnt make the other room too small...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll