corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need advice regarding Central Locking installation...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need advice regarding Central Locking installation...
MillerCorsa

User status: Offline
   1st Apr 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically.......

On my Corsa, where the wiring for the 2 speakers in the door panel go to the car, they run in a rubber tube, from the car door to the interior...

It consists of a plug, with connectors in it, and I can see no other way of fitting my central locking wires through it, other than taking the end off the plug, and rewiring the speakers, possibly scotch locking them.

Thats my only problem, I can sort the rest, and the motors are actually in my door panels now waiting to be wired up.

Thanks for reading!
Miller

[Edited on 01-04-2003 by MillerCorsa]
corsaandy

1st Apr 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i did was from the inside of the car take the wires throught the rubber tube until you come to the conector thing for the speakers then cut a hole in the rubber tube and then in the door just next to the connector and feed the wires through the hole and along the inside of the door to the motors i did that last nite working good nw alot easier
jm960326

1st Apr 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did sumit similar. Made small hole near the rubber bits, then I just siliconed it up around it so its water tight!
MillerCorsa

1st Apr 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent, thanks alot, will give it a go!

Miller

New Poll