corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What is wrong with GMAX suspension kits?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is wrong with GMAX suspension kits?
italianjob

User status: Offline
1st May 05 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gmax shocks and springs seem to be quite soft.. is this the springs or shocks? as i can get my hands on new blistein shocks
corsa120

1st May 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to say i had g-max shocks an springs for 3 years and found them very good and reliable, only reason i changed was cos i put 2.0 16v in so had coilovers instead

now my mrs has my old g-max ones and they still are gr8 no leaks or anything so g-max get my vote
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st May 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
G-Max and Bilstein share the same shocks, which are made by DeCarbon. So quality of the shocks is not an issue, since Bilstein are supposed to be a good make.

Dave

this is a complete load of shite, they are not the same shocks! have heard this on here a few times now (by the same user ) and dont believe it. the body of the shock absorber on the "streetline kit"is made at the same factory by a company called de-carbon, and even that is made to a far superior level than the g-max shock bodies. the "sprintline kit" however is in a different class altogether. the finish on the shock is comletely different, and the metals used in the construction are completely different. and then bilstein use completely different internals than g-max. overall handling and comfort levels are far superior and the shock will last a LOT longer.

the main difference you can actually see is that the piston rod on the bilstein shocks is twice as thick as the g-max ones. (more like a motorbike shock)

ive had both g-max and bilstein and the bilstein is worth the £150 extra.

g-max also have a tendency to get bent piston rods due to the increased damping (harder ride and less travel in the piston) and when you couple that with a very harsh spring, the impact of a bump, or pothole is directed onto the piston rod. this is why bilstein shocks use the thicker piston rods with stronger metals and internals.

SO THERE

[Edited on 01-05-2005 by corsa808]
ed

1st May 05 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by slugger_54132
The fox premier evo1 and evo5 in titanium look great wheels at really good prices!!

But they are like grade D so they bend if you go over a speed bump over 10mph
Adam_B

1st May 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooolllldddd post
Carr

2nd May 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
ooolllldddd post

Just noticed this too. Why the mass amount of thread digging recently?
Gavin
Premium Member

2nd May 05 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by slugger_54132
Again, whats wrong with fox alloys

There not very strong.

agreed... had them one my car... they were cheap (second hand) but i liked the tit. finish on them

i defo back up wat adam sed tho.... one of my wheels where dented pretty easily.... and heard shed loads about the alloys not being that tough!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

2nd May 05 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for going OFF the topic abit there ^^^

pew pew pew pewwwww
marklawton

2nd May 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the best place to buy the g-max kit online?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll