corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Solar Panels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Solar Panels
saj_123

User status: Offline
25th Dec 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum is looking to set some solar panels, I was just wondering if anyone had any on here, If are they worth it and what sort of price did you pay? Had a look around the internet and price ranges from 10-20k depending on the size of the house. Thanks.
Rob_Quads

25th Dec 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your going to be there for 10+ years then they are a good idea from the numbers I have seen. Anything less than that and you have to decide if it will add some value to the house when you sell it on.
Cavey

26th Dec 10 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the government still incentivise renewable energy? Might be able to get some money towards it
Rob_Quads

26th Dec 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup. You get around £800 per year even if you use every single watt of energy you produce. If you don't use it all you then get paid to put it back on the grid
Fad

26th Dec 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check you local UDP (unitry development plan) they may subsidise this and the best bit is you can actually sell Electricity back to the grid.

Look into photovoltaic tiles and as long as you live there long enough the pay back period could be shorter than you think.
MarkSport

30th Dec 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be installing these in my new job In 2011.the company are taking me on just specifically to fit these. they are good value for money but only over a period of time.

New Poll