corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Auto Leads front speaker collars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Auto Leads front speaker collars
Aussie GSi

User status: Offline
   31st Mar 03 at 03:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey there

I just wanted to double check something. I've been in contact with Auto Leads regarding front speaker adaptors. They told me that they only do adaptors to take 13cm speakers. Is it true that these can take 16cm speakers if you leave the front ring off? As I'm in Australia, I can't look at them. We don't get them over here. Don't want to buy them, have them sent over, and realise they aren't what I want.

If not, does anyone know any other company that make 16cm ones?

Also, is anything required to put the new aftermarket tweeter in the original tweeter position?
i.e. do I need a special adaptor for this also?
I've had a look, can't see why I would. I've heard someone on here mention it before though. I wanted to cut the little slats off the tweeter grill, and have them flush mounted on the door handle (not behind the little grill slats - if you know what I mean).

Thanks

C

[Edited on 31-03-2003 by Aussie GSi]
Trotty

31st Mar 03 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use some of these adaptors in my old Corsa B and I had 17cm components fitted So yes, I'd say go for them.

As for the tweeter, with my old Focals, the tweeter slotted perfectly into the gap left from the original one. Admittidly this was behind the 'grill' for stealth reasons, but I'd imagine it would be pretty straight forward.
Mav 3000

31st Mar 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My new tweeter required me to carve out the grille and enlarge the whole, then the mounting screwed in and bolted in from behind. Fits flush too! This was an Inifinity 505cs component tweeter (1').
Mikorsa16v

31st Mar 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep u can take the front ring off to make it 16cm
Aussie GSi

1st Apr 03 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks fellas!

I'm looking at a pair of Alpine R series components for the front, to match the rest of my Alpine system. Like Mav said, I am going to cut off the little grill slats and open up the hole a bit. I have a Max Power/Haynes Corsa manual, which shows you exactly how to do it. Pretty straight forward.

Thanks again

C
JayC

1st Apr 03 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U can't fit speakers without any adaptor plates, There isn't enough clearence for a aftermarket speaker to fit. Auto leads do supply a adaptor plate for both 13cm and 16.5 speakers but u are still limited to how much space u have, e.g. magnets can't b too big.
Best bet is to make some mounting plates from MDF but watchout for ur speaker surround rubbing against the door grill.
hope that helps
Jay C
tomcorsa

3rd Apr 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 17cm pioneers in my autoleads adaapters fitted to a tee
Aussie GSi

4th Apr 03 at 02:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool That was the other set of splits I was lookin' at, the 'Blade Series'.

Thanks for your help fellas.

C
Joff

21st Oct 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted my front components broster into the Autoleads adapter, then managed to modify the door cards and fit them back over the top

New Poll