corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speakers
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
7th Dec 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way this car has speakers mounted into the door pocket instead of behind the door pocket grille. Is this easy to do? i've never seen it before.
combatprojex

7th Dec 03 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the tutorials, think it shows u how to do it there
koolkorsa

7th Dec 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer theres a tuturiol for it, but nothing written in it!
essexracer

8th Dec 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers...it wasnt too hard to do...just take ur time!

right i bought the auto leads speaker adapters so i could use my 17cm speakers (standard speakers r 13cm i think)

thing is though, as my pioneer components have big magnets they were hitting the window wen it was wound down, stopping the window from fully opening...also the rubber surround of the cone would have hit behind the speaker grill of the plastic door card thingy.

so i made 2 circular rings out of 3/4" mdf, one at a slight angle so the speaker sat right (the speakers point slightly upwards, otherwise they would av pointed downwards withought the slanted ring) and screwed them to the metal of the door.

then i screwed the auto leads speaker adapter to that so now the speaker sat further away from the door (the window could now clear the speaker magnet easily)

next i had to very carefully cut out a circular hole, where the grill bit is on the plastic door card thingy.

then i screwed it all in, put the plastic door card thing on last...then i tidied it all up by using black carpet (wat u use for sub boxes etc) arround the speaker and the plastic door card thingy.

it looks neat and sounds great

heres the best pic i could find...

hope that helps.

james
Dom

8th Dec 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hijack ya post mate, but what wheels are they on ya corsa mate? did they come white as standard? or did ya have to go get them sprayed etc? and i take it there 16's?
cheers mate
essexracer

8th Dec 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are milla miglia spyders. they r normally silver, they do do them in white, though not in a vaux friendly offset. so i had mine sprayed.

they are 15"...from a distance they look like 16s coz the white stands out a lot on the black car...i got 15s for performance and handling, though i regret not getting them in 16s now as they would av looked better and i could av lowered my car more...as you can see it doesnt fill the arches that great (its lowered 40mm). also i wouldnt scrape the bumbers/skirts as much with 16s lowered 50mm i recon.

james
koolkorsa

8th Dec 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers very helpful. so u didnt take out all the grille from the door pocket, just enuf for the speaker to fit through. did this effect the structure of the remaining grille?
essexracer

8th Dec 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cut out the grill, and a bit more (in a circular shape) of the plastic door card thingy (lol wats it called?) so the speaker could fit through it.

what do mean did it effect the structure of the remaining grill? the platic door card thingy is still very strong even with the grill bit cut out.

also i didnt adjust the grill that goes on the pioneer speaker...though i didnt have to use it...i have though as ppl may kick the speaker wen they get in the car (i always tell them not to! )

james

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by essexracer]

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by essexracer]

New Poll