corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » door speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author door speakers
calidus

User status: Offline
   21st Nov 02 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know wot size the speakers are in the doors of a corsa? in the lower tray? do all corsas have tweeters in the handles and speaker at the bottom?
SteveW

21st Nov 02 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah all of them have basic components. Very basic!!! The size is 5.25" or 13cm I have the JL Audio XR 5.25's sound wicked amped up. £380 for a set.

steve.
mariomb

21st Nov 02 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phew! those are pricey...

But the largest part of a budget is best spent on speakers. it makes little sense to spend a lot on an expensive head unit, and having to settle for inferior speakers.
calidus

22nd Nov 02 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm its gonna be tricky transplanting my 16cm pioneer emotions into the doors then,grrrrrr. I really like the sound from these speakers tho perhaps I can stick em in the back somewhere? I was hoping to get away without a sub for a change
Arnie

22nd Nov 02 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought 17cm pioneer speakers for my front speakers but my mate said they were too big so i took them back and got the 13cm ones! Bout a week later I went to a proper ICE shop and the bloke said he sold an adapter plate to fit the 17cm speakers in!! Wish I went to him first!
c0r5a_gsi

22nd Nov 02 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calidus: You can use your Pioneer 16cm's you need to get an Autoleads speaker adaptor kit, can't remember the part no. off hand, but it allows you put in upto 17cm's if i remember rightly. Speak to your local audio place or halfords and they will sort you out, the kit is only about £12.
Fear

22nd Nov 02 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 17cm infinity components in my doors but ive built door pods, but i did have the autoleads adapter kit before but i found that the outer edge of the speaker cone was touching the door pod so be careful!!!!
On the subject of door speakers does anyone know of an easyish way of getting a cable through from the car body to the door?
calidus

23rd Nov 02 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers peeps! I will look into those autoleads adaptor plates,dont fancy doing door builds,not on a T-reg lol- well maybe...
I keep promising myself this car is just gonna look nice and run well etc,and still have original bootspace free etc,but I can see me going into it alot more than I wanted to,just like my nova 1400!
jc-sxi

23rd Nov 02 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the infinity 6.5inch 1's in the doors, had to take a screw out because it was touching the speaker but they will fit. Tweeters needed collars too

Hope that helps
Skippy corsa

24th Nov 02 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C and B front door speakers are they the same 5.25"
toger13

24th Nov 02 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 17cm in the front and 5 1/4 in the back there only splx ones but skint at min and they were 220wattens and bottom of the range corsas dont have tweeters in the handles but mne do now
corsabeat

17th Feb 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C SRi door speakers are 6 inch. I measured them myself the other day.
bluecorsaSXi

18th Feb 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CheekyCorsa, any tips on making door pods??
as far as i know u need to drill a hole in the door or through the electrics connector to get ur speaker wires to the door!!!! no easy way to do it!!
Aussie GSi

19th Feb 03 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey people

I've been in contact with Autoleads in regards to these collars. A rep emailed me back saying that they only sell 13cm collars for the Corsa. Can you get bigger ones, can you? Or is it that you CAN actually fit bigger than 13cm speakers in these collars? I want to put 16cm babies in the front.

Thanks guys.

C
Skippy corsa

19th Feb 03 at 03:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabeat
Corsa C SRi door speakers are 6 inch. I measured them myself the other day.

thanks mate
Aussie GSi

20th Feb 03 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries Skip. Hahahaha, nasty swagman.

C
Aussie GSi

22nd Feb 03 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie GSi
Hey people

I've been in contact with Autoleads in regards to these collars. A rep emailed me back saying that they only sell 13cm collars for the Corsa. Can you get bigger ones, can you? Or is it that you CAN actually fit bigger than 13cm speakers in these collars? I want to put 16cm babies in the front.

Thanks guys.

C

Anyone know?

C
toger13

22nd Feb 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it says that they are only 13 cm on my box but i have 16.5cm pg components in now mate there is a plate with the kit so you can put 13cm in the adapters but you just dont fit the plate mate mine were £14 from halfords
Aussie GSi

24th Feb 03 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that man!

C

New Poll