corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sony Viao: Drivers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony Viao: Drivers
Ben D

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lent my laptop to a colleague a couple of days ago, it picked it up today and for some reason it now has XP installed on it [was vista] and it has absolutely no drivers installed, so obviously i have no sound etc.

Unfortunately i don't have any of the disks the laptop came with so i cant reinstall Vista or any of the drivers that it came with

Where can i obtain them? It's a Sony Vaio VGN-BX61MN, cheers guys

UPDATE EDIT - Just installed the drivers linked by Whittie below however theres still no sound and when i went into Sound and Audio Devices Properties it says there is "no playback device" Although obviously there is as it's a laptop and it worked fine beforehand

any Ideas guys?

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by Ben D]
Whittie

2nd Dec 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-BX61MN&os=6

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by Whittie]
Ben D

2nd Dec 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, downloading now
Whittie

2nd Dec 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben D

2nd Dec 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just installed the drivers linked by Whittie above however theres still no sound and when i went into Sound and Audio Devices Properties it says there is "no playback device" Although obviously there is as it's a laptop and it worked fine beforehand

any Ideas guys?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When all else fails, I usually just use something like this and it fills in all the blanks.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5784635/Driver_Genius_Professional_Edition_v10.0.0.526_EN_Incl.Serial__C
Ben D

2nd Dec 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downloading that now Brett, i hope this works, Cheers pal.

If anyone else has any suggestions just in case this doesnt work either they would still be welcome
pow
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck did he install XP on it?!?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, agree with pow, it's certainly a weird fucking story, Ben
Ben D

2nd Dec 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a clue mate, didnt even tell me when i picked it up funnily enough not been able to get hold of him since.

Anyway i downloaded Driver genius which you linked Brett, but it doesn't even try to update the drivers
nathy_87

3rd Dec 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did this get sorted?

I found out when I had to re-install XP on my girlfriend's PC, I had a disc for it, which had the Audio driver(s) on there, ask your mate if he still has the CD, and borrow it.
Ben D

3rd Dec 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope Problem still isn't sort4e unfortunately, 5dr Corsa-3dr_Polo my com was originally on Vista and the vista drivers wont work for it on XP, And i dont have the disks it came with to hand anyway.

Any more suggestions guys?
Matty SRi

4th Dec 10 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope this helps.
"If you have installed a new windows operating system and half of your Laptop just wont work (with errors like no sound no internet or bad graphics) then this is exactly what this CD has been designed to fix repair"

http://www.user-guides.co.uk/cddownload/Sony/SonyVGN/Sony-VGN-BX61MN-Windows-7-Driver-Recovery-CD-Restore-Disk-322788.html
Sam
Premium Member

5th Dec 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laptops these days normally have a restore partition on the hard drive - in other words, you don't get any restore CDs/DVDs any more, it's all on the hard drive now.

If your idiot colleague hasn't wiped the entire hard drive completely then you may still have a chance of getting it back to factory set up.

Press F10 a few times when you see the Sony Vaio logo on boot up, it should ask you whether you want to create restore discs, or restore your system back to factory set up.

New Poll