corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm buying a new laptop and need some advice...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm buying a new laptop and need some advice...
Sims

User status: Offline
9th Jul 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm getting a new laptop for a really good price and i have a few different options for which one to have.

The options are....

Toshiba M40-136

spec:
15.4ins TruBrite WXGA TFT colour display. Intel Pentium M 740 processor (1.73Ghz processor speed, 533Mhz front side bus, 2Mb L2 cache). 512Mb RAM. 60Gb hard drive. Super-multi DVD re-writer. ATI Mobility Radeon X300 - 128Mb dedicated graphics card. Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g 6-in-1 digital memory card reader. TV out. ILink.

Sony Viao

spec:
15.4ins WXGA X-Black LCD. Intel Pentium M 740 processor (1.73Ghz processor speed, 533Mhz front side bus, 2Mb L2 cache). 512Mb DDR RAM. 60Gb hard drive. Dual layer DVD re-writer. Intel 915 GM express chipset graphics with 128Mb shared memory. Intel high definition audio compatible. Stereo speakers. Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g. TV out. Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. DC in port, VGA port, 2 x USB 2 ports, type A connector, ethernet port,

Sony Viao FS

spec:
Intel Celeron D360 processor. 512Mb RAM. 60Gb hard drive. Dual layer DVD re-writer. 15.4in X-black LCD screen.

or High Grade Notino C2200

spec:
Mobile Intel® Celeron®-M 1.3Ghz processor with 512k cache memory. Intel® Centrino® Mobile Technology. 512Mb RAM. 40Gb hard drive. DVD-ROM/CDRW combination drive. 12-in TFT Widescreen WXSGA colour screen. 802.11bg wireless network card. PC card slot. CF type 2 socket. 2 x USB 2 ports.

I can get one of those and i'm not to sure on Widescreen laptops cos i think they might be a bit bulky.

Just wondering which one you guys would pick out of those for general document and web/graphic design use. If it was a pc i'd know what to get straight away bu don't really know the first thing about laptops.

Thanks

Simsy

[Edited on 09-07-2005 by Sims]
Sims

9th Jul 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically its between the Tosh and one of the Sony Viaos. All are around the £100 mark and just want peoples advice on the two. thanks ttt
corsa5dr

9th Jul 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony Viao's look nicer
StuartVRS

9th Jul 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a bloke on Planet audi selling a brand new sony viao laptop i believe, hasnt even come out of its box.

this is what he posted.

oh, does anyone want to buy a brand new sony vaio laptop not even taken out its box seal still in tact has a new epson printer and laptop airbag. worth £1300 will consider any sensible offers. if u need specs PM me, its one of the latest laptops out

Let me know if your interested and ill put you in touch
antscorsa

9th Jul 05 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go for a sont, there quality machines
Sims

9th Jul 05 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'm thinking the sony viao. The Tosh has slightly better spec than the Sony but it will be cool to own a Viao.

Don't think i'd buy that guys one cos i will be getting one of these for under £500 hopefully.

Not to sure about it being widescreen. Will it just stretch everything on the screen making everything look wide or does it give you a bigger desktop area if you know what i mean.
iceman

9th Jul 05 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate ive got a tosh m30 this machine rocks the only downside is the res of the screen as its widescreen it will only goto 1200*800
Apart from this the machine is stunning espically with 2gb ram
iceman

9th Jul 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i can get you ram for these machines to upto 2gb
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 05 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iceman, i have an alienware laptop, can you get me ram for it?!
Sims

10th Jul 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alienware ones are sweet.

Went to *cough* pc world today to jsut have a look at the laptops. Think i'm going to go with the first Sony Viao in the list.

Iceman can you get them upto 2gb depending on the number of free upgrade slots? if you can do it i will be very interested

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm buying a new laptop and need some advice... 22 database queries in 0.0115931 seconds