corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine cut out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine cut out
davidGLS

User status: Offline
16th Nov 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys, recently my corsa seems to cut out whilst im driving and when it does it wont start back up again untill like 20 minuets to half an hour later, also if i turn the ignition off ater driving without it cutting out when i go to start it back up again it will not start also. never really had a problem with it before and but this has been happening after about two weeks of my subwoofers being installed, i didnt upgrade the battery or alternatory or add a power cap, i dont know whether it was anything to do with that but ive stopped playing my music and the problem persisted

all comments welcome, hope you can help

cheers,
David
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine is it?
davidGLS

16th Nov 10 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0 12v gls
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly crank sensor, when they start to fail they tend to go open circuit when they get warm but they're fine when cold, hence the not starting for 20 mins. They're about £36 from Vauxhall iirc, possibly cheaper from autovaux.co.uk

New Poll