corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » apple macbook pro 13"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author apple macbook pro 13"
XSIHardy

User status: Offline
26th Oct 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am currently looking at getting a new macbook pro

the screen is only 13inc so i am a little worried it will be to small

has any one got a new macbook ?
or even has a little viewing ?

if so what are your thoughts
Norcy91

26th Oct 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got a 13" macbook, exactly the same design as the new macbook pro's but they decided a couple of months after i got mine to make them into pro's...

A 13" screen has been fine for me since i got it, being a laptop its more likely to be on your lap and right in front of you anyway so it's never going to be hard to see anything, obviously if you're wanting to use it for tv, films etc you might want to consider a bigger screen.

Mines been faster than any computer i've had using Windows, i think the interfaces are nicer, they're easy to use, and they're built to last! I've accidently dropped mine from about 2'-3' onto laminate floor once or twice and its stood up to it, just try not to do it too often!

I think the only differences between mine and a macbook pro are a couple of little differences in hardware spec and they have backlit keyboards i believe! Oh, and the 'Pro' added to 'MacBook' at the bottom of the screen
XSIHardy

26th Oct 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the advice

tbh wont be watching films on them , if do d/l ill just plug the mac into the tv ... which im guessing i can do ?

its just 13inc seems really small :/ like a lot off laptops knower days are 15-17. although i guess there just desktop replacements
Norcy91

26th Oct 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the 15" is about £200 more or something? Not sure really, haven't really looked at them since i got mine, depends what sort of money you're wanting to pay really.

Not sure about connecting it up to your TV, i've never needed to try it with mine but im sure theres some sort of cable or adapters you can use to hook it up. Someone in a store or on the internet will no doubt know how to do it.
Russ

27th Oct 10 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2u
AlunJ

27th Oct 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 13" macbook aluminium (before they basically renamed it the macbook pro) and the screensize has never caused me any problem, in fact picking up my old 15.5" laptop feels like picking up something out of the 80's it's so big
backlit keyboard is brilliant piece of kit as well!
Norcy91

27th Oct 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
I've got a 13" macbook aluminium (before they basically renamed it the macbook pro) and the screensize has never caused me any problem, in fact picking up my old 15.5" laptop feels like picking up something out of the 80's it's so big
backlit keyboard is brilliant piece of kit as well!

Has yours got a backlit keyboard? I've got the exact same macbook as yours but mine doesn't seem to have it
AlunJ

27th Oct 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they did 2 models iirc, one with and one without, slight differences in spec as well, can't recall what they are though.
Voyto

27th Oct 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you pair I also have the Unibody Macbook before the "pro" name change. A freind has the, now named, pro... the only difference I can see is the SD card reader on the Pro. Mine actually has a C2D 2.4 and his pro has a 2.0!
Reecemac

27th Oct 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

13in is perfect size, usable and small enough to lug about, my last 2 laptops were both 13in. I have the Macbook pro (with backlit keyboard) and would not swap it for anything.
Tommy L

27th Oct 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
13in is perfect size, usable and small enough to lug about. I have the Macbook pro (with backlit keyboard) and would not swap it for anything.
Norcy91

27th Oct 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gutted mine doesn't have a backlit keyboard! Might have to look into trying to get one for it, its impossible to see what i'm pressing sometimes
Simon_16v

27th Oct 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The screens are awesome. Ive had a macbook since july 2008 and have loved every moment of owning it, so quick compared to windows laptops and they just look fecking awesome
Root

27th Oct 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
The screens are awesome. Ive had a macbook since july 2008 and have loved every moment of owning it, so quick compared to windows laptops and they just look fecking awesome

spend the same money on a windows laptop and buy it at the same time as your mac and it'll be much better specs. Macs are overpriced.

Laptops altogether are shit though
XSIHardy

27th Oct 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my current thought for the same price get some thing a lot better.

But at same time I know how good macs are
And they defiantly have the wow factor

I was looking at the macs but only get them in white and to me they don't look that nice .

Think might POP to an apple store have a look in person .
Cheers for the replies BTW
Russ

28th Oct 10 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the new macbook air's are matching the pro's performance in early benchmarks

New Poll