corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PES 2011

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PES 2011
Cavey

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so obviously there's a fifa topic, but i dont want to say anything non-fifa in there.

So has anyone bothered trying the Evo demo? Just had my first game and quite liked it, smoother than the last couple, weird angle but i'll get used to it. Seems to take a bit more skill than previous with pass power and having to actually aim where you pass for once. Dummies are already much much better than the last one!

Havent tried fifa yet so cant comment but i'm mildly impressed with pes for the first time in a few years!
JonnyJ

15th Sep 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who makes separate threads? Honestly!

Just had a game on PES 11. There are things i like and things that are just WTF?!

For instance, i like the way it plays and i think its a bit easier to score decent goal on here unlike fifa where pretty much all my goals are the same. But then there are some dodgy things like the camera. Instead of staying fixed on the side it kind of swings round as you get closer to either goal, dont like that at all.

Other annoying things are things like in the replays all the movement of the players is for some reason blurred, like they are moving so fast they are leaving a trail behind them, just looks shit.
Cavey

15th Sep 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt want all the fifa fanyboys crying about me talking about pes in there :/

I agree with the camera, very weird, i'm sure you can change it though. The gamplan bit was confusing too but as with most pes games it'll take a little bit to get used to

There's far too many replays, all the tiny fouls had a replay, bit annoying. Messi was disappointly slow when I played too, couldnt walk through the defence as you usually can!
JonnyJ

15th Sep 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye he was a bit slow, but he was in fifa too. Don't you find the blur effect on all the replays terrible? Why dont they just make it look like tv instead of all that nonsense?

Scored lovely half volley with Iniesta though for my first goal on it, which is what i like about PES, just seems all my goals are the same on FIFA, either a cross for a header on a run through on goal and sidefoot in.
Cavey

15th Sep 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh didnt watch the replays, won 3-1 in my only game, main thing i wanted to test was the dummies and through balls as they were awful in 2010 and they were much improved.

Id score a couple of goals i was happy with though.

Havent played fifa as i've run out of hdd space! My mate said he preferred it to this though, and he's always stuck by pes! So who knows
JonnyJ

15th Sep 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had to pick one, it would be FIFA in all honesty, even though this is a step up from previous versions.

I'll probably buy both.
Cavey

15th Sep 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the fact that fifa has all the leagues etc.. Could be a big factor, i'll see how it plays when i figure how to free up some space. But it's a pretty big thing being able to be your favourite team. Do they have the conference on it....... ?

And as I said in the other thread depends on what my mates buy really, would rather play them than randoms on the net
JonnyJ

15th Sep 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, one of the things that pissed me off most about not getting promoted last season was knowing we wont be on the new FIFA

Aye, I'd agree with that last bit too, which is probably why I'll go for FIFA.
Cavey

15th Sep 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking about it with the replays etc... Maybe they're trying to go back to being more arcade-y which is where they started.

At least first time shooting is a lot better in this one, pissed me off no end of the previous version!
Fro

16th Sep 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Aye he was a bit slow, but he was in fifa too. Don't you find the blur effect on all the replays terrible? Why dont they just make it look like tv instead of all that nonsense?

Scored lovely half volley with Iniesta though for my first goal on it, which is what i like about PES, just seems all my goals are the same on FIFA, either a cross for a header on a run through on goal and sidefoot in.

Practice shooting from outside the box you will elarn how to bang them in and create all sorts of goals then
p

16th Sep 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoyed the demo
Cavey

17th Sep 10 at 04:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bit stuck now, enjoyed both this and the fifa demo, i'm gonna have to buy both, hopefully they'll be £25 on release day, otherwise i'll be neither

Although saying that, played the Copa Libertadoras as Internacional, and didn't have a single shot all game, which was annoying
LukeS

17th Sep 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i played that gay copa cup and drew 0-0 twice , also that fucking massive bit at the end before it goes back the menu, thats a piss take
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is a manager in Tesco he has been able to tell me the release price a few days before in the past will post up if i find out
LukeS

18th Sep 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a penalty on this the fuck am i meant to do
Cavey

18th Sep 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the old one it was hold shoot for height, and hold direction for er..direction, the longer you hold it the further it goes.

Dunno about the demo tho!
LukeS

18th Sep 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were taking the penalty from the normal camera view (tele) and i aimed it like i would in fifa but it went straight at them keeper
Cavey

19th Sep 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played a few more games of this before the football today and I actually really like it. The through balls are much much better (they actually work), it's a lot more fluid, and realistic. The passing is much better once you get used to it, and i've scored some cracking goals on it already. And volleys/half volleys from the edge of the area work now as well!
Cavey

8th Oct 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone is interested it's 30 quid in tesco, didnt bother trying anywhere else!

New Poll