corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PES2008

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PES2008
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Oct 07 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but thats the whole point if you buy a ps3 you have to have all the shit, you dont have to have all the shit on the 360 so for many people it works out cheaper.

you can get a 360 for £200, im sure theres a bundle deal out there somewhere that will offer you pes08 with it, if not for a little more
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're just making guesses to prove points. You've done that a few times.

Forget which console is 'better'. Like for like the PS3 is cheaper. That's my point. End of.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you have a like for like? show me a ps3 that comes without hd media, without wireless and without live for the same price as a 360? it only becomes like for like wen you start adding shit onto the 360
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony have never marketted goods towards paupers tho.

It'd be like Sony selling TVs without the remotes so you can save £20 tbh.
Doug

31st Oct 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS

Who cares about this argument?!

The sales figures speak for themselves, the Wii is the best.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/discountaddall.asp?discountid=302

so 209 for that and PES08

then if you have to have a wireless adapter + £55

total so far 264

+ live if you want it for a year £30

total £294

if you want it monthly

total

£269
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut out this 'monthly live subscription' bollocks. So £294 is the figure. That means you're gettin a blue-ray drive for £16. Not bad.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats true, id rather sacrifice whatever it costs for that though, to have a decent line up of games.

fact remains for most people the 360 offers a cheaper gaming solution then the ps3
Doug

31st Oct 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop arguing about it!

unless you are going to meet up and actually fight about it then leave it.

I have a 360 yet I still say congrats to the Wii as it sold the most!

Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not arguing about anything lol?

im happy with my purchase
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has only come about because of my mate at work.

He wanted "the cheaper gaming solution" so he waited and spotted the 360 for £199 on Play. He thought he was quids in and making a mega saving over a PS3, which all his mates have.

Then, after he'd bought his game, wireless bridge and live subscription, it turns out its not such a great deal. He's now selling it and getting a PS3.

I'm not converted. I'm by no means going to sell my xbox now and buy a PS3. I'm just pointing out that the PS3 appears to be the better deal (and to wind you up, steve).
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he have to have the wireless bridge?

if he didnt need that he would be quids in, tbf you need to point out even if he is getting a better deal on the ps3, the games line up for both consoles, it may change his mind

thats whay consoles should be all about is what games you can get, not because one if £15 quid or so cheaper after all the add ons.

id happily sacrifice the money to have a console which has the best games line up, that foes for both the 360 and the ps3

[Edited on 31-10-2007 by Steve]
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 07 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds gay, but the clincher for him is being able to edit on PES7.

I KNOW that the games line-up is better on the 360 'at the mo'. Like I said, i'm not changing. I've told him, but it seems he's mostly interested in PES, a game I hate anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Nov 07 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to resurrect the thread..

The mate that sold his 360 and got a PS3... well as of today the PS3 is broken hahaha It doesn't read discs anymore. He's said to me that he loved the xbox and the PS3 is a bag of shite He's gettin the money back on the PS3 and getting and xbox again haha
Nath

9th Nov 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
then add price of hdmi cable to ps3 = + £30ish

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll