corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Rubber gaskets for aluminium windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rubber gaskets for aluminium windows
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's the best place to buy these from (online or offline)?

Our windows here are aluminium (not uPVC I don't think - they seem to be the crap windows that were built with the house in the 60s?) and the rubber gaskets holding the inner panes of glass are deteriorating.

Getting new double glazing is not an option - rental house.
AndyKent

15th Sep 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Landlord will be responsible for maintaining windows. Why not complain and either get him to fix or replace them?
Sam
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wall that looks out to our back garden is subsiding, patio door and kitchen window don't open properly because there are no lintels on the top of them - I highly doubt he will spend money on window gaskets when he can't even be arsed to fixed a small problem like his house falling apart
AndyKent

15th Sep 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not.

I'd sooner move out if its that bad

Have you tried ringing a couple of UPVC fitting firms, see if they can supply a gasket for you? Would be my only suggestion tbh.
dannymccann

15th Sep 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Maybe not.

I'd sooner move out if its that bad

Obviously doesnt give a shit, I stopped taking shit from landlords in my last house, if they wanted the rent money they fixed anything that was wrong otherwise we moved out and they lost their income, our last house stood empty for 7 months
AndyKent

15th Sep 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm agent for a landlord so know about moaning tenants too well.

We do good by our tenants though, and get given cash to repair their houses so everything stays top notch
Sam
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy - I don't know how much you know about double glazing etc. but there's like a zillion different types of gaskets you can get for windows, I cut a piece off to measure a couple of points on it but all my searches online to find the exact size have been fruitless.

I'm guessing any glazing firms will want to take a look at the same before giving a price.

I'm tempted to just buy some gasket that's a similar size to the one in the windows and wedge them in to fit

We are planning on saving some £££s for a deposit to buy a house, but in the mean time we have to live here LOL
AndyKent

15th Sep 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only know the bare basics, nothing much about specific gaskets unfortunately. I'd give a couple of places a call and see if they can help. If not pretend you might want double glazing just to get them to have a look

You could just buy something random, but I'd be a bit worried about security if the fit is crap!
corsa_godfather

15th Sep 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im manager in my dads double glazing firm,

could sort you out with what you need.

its called wedge gasket.

u2u me if u want info etc

New Poll