corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speedo not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedo not working
Kev S

User status: Offline
6th Sep 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi iv just finished off a load of work on my corsa sport 1.6 but the speedo is not working now. it isnt a cable speedo so i was wandering where the speed is taken from? abs sensor isnt it? iv changed the front brakes to astra 256mm brakes and rears to astra discs so the abs sensors arent conected on the back. would this be the reason for the speedo not working or is it only taken from the fronts? any help would be great thanks :-)
alan t

6th Sep 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be a speedo sensor on the gearbox mate, try un plugging the multiplug and plugging it back in, my old 1.4 sport speedo only used to work sometimes but after i done the clutch it worked perfect, must have just been a bad connection at the multiplug
davieslim

6th Sep 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah gearbox has a speedo sensor that screwed into the box where the speedo cable would usually go
Kev S

6th Sep 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright then. il give that a go and let you know how it goes. wheres the multi plug? thanks
Kev S

6th Sep 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also my temperature guage isnt working and engine management light is on. ideas?? :-S
alan t

6th Sep 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paperclip test or get tech2 on it to check for eml on.
Kev S

6th Sep 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm think my dads got one of those snap-on fault finders around the house somewhere so i might give that a blast first. would that come up with any fuse faults too ye?
alan t

6th Sep 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should do mate, give it a try, let us know what codes you find
Kev S

6th Sep 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do. probs have all sorts of codes come up as i have the engine management light on constantly, abs light and airbag light so... :-S but il keep you informed
random dav
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your fuse

WRLFC !

Project cars
Eddx14xe

6th Sep 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates speedo stopped working, he took the fuses out then put them back in, worked after he done this
LoudandProud

7th Sep 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the fuse for the cigarette lighter i got a 1p stuck in the lighter which blew mine
Kev S

8th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had a look at the fuses and you know you've got the outlines around where the fuses are with the colours on. well there a blue fuse in one with a yellow outline. could this cause the problem? iv also changed the cluster in the gearbox to one off a 1.2 would this make a difference in the way it pics up? would this all be linked with the temp guage not working too? thanks
Kev S

10th Sep 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the speed definately wouldnt be taken off the hubs like the newer vauxhaulls have? as i had a look earlier and couldnt really see where the speedo drive would be coming from the box? hope this isnt a stupid question :-s
Kev S

11th Sep 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Kev S

11th Sep 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had to pop the sumpguard off the corsa to have a look and abit of a prod around by where the speedo sender should be around the back of the box but its just blocked off so im guessing the speed must be gettin picked up from the hubs or something as there is some sort of sensor there? anyone else had problems with this? iv noticed theres a big purple plug in the engine bay that isnt plugged in to anything so im not sure if my dads removed something he shouldnt have? any ideas. thanks

New Poll