corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Questiosn to ask landlord about house sharing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Questiosn to ask landlord about house sharing
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas? Meeting a bloke on Wednesday up in the big smoke about his hosue sharing thign (see tmy post Communal Living) and just tryign to make sure I cna ask all the necy questions
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully mate he won't give you a written test to complete
Twiggy

29th Jun 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the girls walk round naked??

I would be asking about the other "house mates" Jobs hours they work... Dont want to be woken by some going to work at 4.30am like i do!
Welsh Dan

30th Jun 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't find your communal living post, so here goes.

1. Bills. Are they included, or are the housemates expected to pay the bills.

2. Maintenance. Do you have to organise it yourself, or just let the landlord know.

3. As Twiggy said, what do the others in the house do? And what hours do they work? This is important if you work shifts, as I also get woken up during the day by my flatmates. Also, you don't particularly want someone who won't contribute to bills.

4. Communal items like toilet roll, cleaning stuff etc. Is there a house account that you can all pay into for necessary stuff?

Fad

30th Jun 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also check its a legit HMO (house of multiple occupancy) this has insurance implications e.g if you were ever burgalled or if the Landlord doesnt declare it could leave you as tenants high and dry.
Welsh Dan

30th Jun 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yes, I should have mentioned that giving that the council are looking to prosecute our letting agency

Check how many people are actually on the tenancy agreement. 2 -4 individuals require a certain number of safety features in the house, fire alarms etc. 5 or more require fire doors and the house has to be licenced by the council.

New Poll