corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Renting - No Pets

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renting - No Pets
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
5th Jan 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We started renting a house on 10th December. States no pets.

We don't have any pets however my girlfriends mum wants to come stay for a week and bring her dog with her.

Should I worry about this or just do it? The dog is house trained etc.

AndyKent

5th Jan 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only worry if it starts chewing the doors and stuff

No point telling the agent your having a dog for a week, they won't care. Just make sure it doesn't damage anything and no one will know.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why risk it having only been in the house a month? If you don't get caught, all fine and well. But if you DO somehow get caught, I think they'll take a dim view considering how much time you've been there!
AndyKent

5th Jan 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the landlord/agent is reasonable theres nothing they can do.

In times like these they'd never kick you out so I wouldn't worry.

We have loads of tenants who bring in animals. The only options are to ask them to remove them or evict the tenant. Theres no in between so I wouldn't worry at all.
jrsteeve

5th Jan 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an agent and I wouldn't be arsed as long as it doesn't disturb the neighbours and any damage is paid for. If the place has a concierge/caretaker i'd check with them aswell though.
Cavey

5th Jan 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said above, have a word with the landlord, if it's only a week and as long as there's no damage to the house, can't see it being a problem.

Our landlord said no pets, we've got a cat and 2 degu in here now, told him about the degu and the first thing he did was come round to see them, he was intrigued about them
dannymccann

5th Jan 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think things in cages, although they are pets, they dont usually come under the heading of pets, its stuff that runs about on the floor, cats, dogs, tigers, cows etc that landlords get a bit arsey about

And a week you will be fine, not even enough time for the scent of it to stick around
scottyp1989

11th Jan 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our contract said no pets but we have a dog since moving in, landlord has no problems with it
chloe16v

11th Jan 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we cant move into private rented because there are no landlord around here that allow pets
oceansoul

11th Jan 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
I think things in cages, although they are pets, they dont usually come under the heading of pets, its stuff that runs about on the floor, cats, dogs, tigers, cows etc that landlords get a bit arsey about

And a week you will be fine, not even enough time for the scent of it to stick around

have many cows and tigers your way??
Jules S
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
our contract said no pets but we have a dog since moving in, landlord has no problems with it

The problem will be (as always with renting places) when you move out....

I've rented out a few houses in the past, and when asked if I minded pets (when the lease said 'no pets') I said I didn't mind but if the pets caused any damage it would be coming out of the deposit.

Always ended in tears when monies were held back.
dannymccann

13th Jan 10 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours says No Pets, but we asked and they said they were fine with it, but made it clear that we either needed to pay for the carpets to be deep cleaned by a professional outfit, or they would keep a proportion of the deposit to get it done. If you dont trust your landlord get this sort of agreement written down, as for us, they have been great so far

New Poll