corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Help: ** FUNNY NOISE COMING FROM ENGINE??? **

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Help: ** FUNNY NOISE COMING FROM ENGINE??? **
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
13th Mar 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just noticed tonight, when i start off in first gear, just when u get the bite, there is a rattling noise coming from the engine, or the gear box (i think ) does any1 know what could be the problem???

its going in for a service in a week, i just want to know if u lot can help me, allocate the problem, then i can give the vauxhall garage ppl an idea!!

cheers

[Edited on 13-03-2003 by andysri]
jjcymru

13th Mar 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all engine mounts, gearbox mounts.

Open your bonnet, put it in 1st get a mate to take the clutch to the biting point with the handbrake on, check for excessive movement of the engine (does it move more than say 1-2 inches roughly give or take an inch.

Try this, otherwise it may be the release bearing on the clutch is worn.
Ashton306TD

15th Mar 03 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Y do u always buy Corsa's with fcuked engines!!
mad_mike

19th Mar 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was the best, cams all fucked, they got blocked and wasnt squirting oil, so had to full engine flush and change oil, (only did it about 1 month before with Vauxhall semi sinfetic)... i cant spell at all.

New Poll