corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Laptop/Desktop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Laptop/Desktop
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 04:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a new, powerful laptop/desktop as I'm sick of this 2-year-old Dell Inspiron 1520 I'm using. I just can't stand slow computers and this has suddenly started going slow.

I haven't actually built a machine in years, I really don't know much about them to be honest. It's not that really but I just don't know what's the 'in thing' to buy when it comes to components.

I haven't decided on a laptop or desktop yet as it depends on the price. If I can get a UBER PC with dual monitors and the works for the price of a uber laptop then I'll probably go with the desktop, but if there's not much in it... Probably the laptop.

My room is pretty compact but I do really miss sitting at a desktop with dual monitors instead of having a laptop on my lap getting boiling hot...

So errr, lets say the budget is £1k... What would you get? What PC would you get for £1k and what laptop would you get for £1k?

I was thinking of a Alienware laptop but that can easily add up to £1.6k... With not a lot to show for it.
Whittie

24th Mar 10 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a top of the range sony laptop vaio.

Can't fault them to be fair.
xa0s
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 02:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'm gunna go with a desktop but I have no-idea what components to pick. How do people plan a PC? There's so much to choose from.

New Poll