corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2004 Corsa Immobiliser Fault

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2004 Corsa Immobiliser Fault
baz08

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, been a while since i posted last, so bit of a long one but bear with me please, got shot of my old corsa B for Corsa C SXi, been ne bother up till now, due to the rubbish weather it has not been run since 23rd December, went to start it yesterday to take it for a good blast to get the battery up to speed and no go, it started for like 2 seconds and then died, at the time i put it down to being a dead battery due to the cold, so i got the jump start kit out and connected it up, turned the ignition to position 2 to get a booster charge, the engine exhaust emissions symbol warning light was flashing on and off and there was a ticking noise like a bomb for about 5-10 seconds then the light went out and ticking stopped, at which point i turned the ignition to position 3 and the car started fine with no problems.

Took it to get some fuel and then it started up no problem, went out for a 20 mile drive to our local shopping centre and after a few hours came back and it started up no problem, come to this morning and it was just turning over and over, i thought it was a flat battery again, but after checking with a battery tester it is showing full charge, so after scratching me head for a bit i did some checking online and from hearing others it began to dawn that it could be an immobiliser issue as it starts but only for a second, this has been confirmed as when i switch the key to position 2 and leave it for about 15 seconds, the ticking noise is heard again and the engine electronics and exhaust emmisions symbols flashes for a bit until the engine electronics one goes out, at that point when i turn to position 3 it again fires but only for like a second, is there anyway this can solved without going to a dealer or is it best to just bite the bullet and get a dealer to sort it asap, cheers guys and soz for the essay!
barneykarl

19th Jan 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I can suggest is to check ecu connections are tight and dry also double check the ecu earth and battery earth, other than that main dealer.
baz08

19th Jan 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it will have to be a garage like, the engine emission light is flashing away like mad when at postion 2, think it is flashing a fault code, but not that i know how to read them, hope it dont cost me a packet
barneykarl

20th Jan 10 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let us know what the problem turns out to be.
baz08

20th Jan 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i think its the immob isnt reading the key chip properly, as i got it to start last night by taking the key out after it failed to start and reinserting it and trying again it fired up so obv something, al get it in to be seen to tomorrow and hopefully itl be simple job
baz08

22nd Jan 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had someone take it in to a garage today where they said it was the crankshaft sensor, so this was replaced and the car was brought back, when i came home from work n went to test me motor it now wont start at all, so either they have replaced the crankshaft sensor with a faulty one or its something else, either way am going back to the garage tomorrow not well pleased al be getting a refund as well as saying fix me damn car, again!
barneykarl

23rd Jan 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they read any stored fault codes or just guess it was the crankshaft sensor, was the motor driven back from the dealers, maybe the connection is loose on the new sensor they fitted if it was new? and fitted?.
baz08

23rd Jan 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cos of the shitty times i work and working the next city over am never here when the place is open and the person i had take the car in didnt say, i am assuming they assumed it was the crankshaft sensor and just replaced it, yea it was driven back home from the garage, once its been a run a little itl start up no problem, but getting it started in the first place is a damn near impossible, garage couldnt fit it in today, so itl be monday before can get it in and sorted (again) hope i dont have a fight on me hands to get it sorted and get me dosh back if it turns out the sensor was a red herring

New Poll