corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine management light on constantly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine management light on constantly
1600power

User status: Offline
27th May 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i finally managed to get hold on an unlocked ECU for my 1.6 sport and plugged it all in, disconnected the battery, waited a few mins reconnected and then went to start the motor!

The engine rotated and rotated and rotated but nothing happended, then I noticed the engine light was permenantly on......

So i went to do a diagnosis check only to find that fuse1 the fuse that houses quite a few things including the diagnostic port had a blown the fuse.....tried another fuse blew straight away so basicully i cant do a diagnostic until ive sorted out the fuse problem mega

Then I thought i wud check to see if the engine was sparking, sure enough no spark so now I can only see it being an ECU/immobilisor problem!!!!

Does this sound right is the immobilisor playing up??? the ecu was 'unlocked' which was supposed to mean that its supposed to tell the immobilisor everythings ok but clearly it isnt

its defo an aftermarket ecu aswell cause its got ATP all over it and no vaux stamps etc.

Wot do u reckons goin on??? Essay I know but please if u've got this far enlighten me
1600power

27th May 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok developments, ive heard that if its an immobilisor fault the engine fault light will just flash at me.

but the light on my dash is just staying on permenently???

Also even after disconnecting the battery, reconnecting it and then turning the ignition on comes back with the fault straight away???
bubble

27th May 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if perm on then not immobiliser fault.would flash.
if wont start then will be a present fault.
1600power

27th May 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
if perm on then not immobiliser fault.would flash.
if wont start then will be a present fault.

ace if its not the immobiliser then im kinda happy cuz i will be able to sort out wotever else it is even if its mechanical - easier than sorting out this
sh!tty immobiliser!
LukeGSi

27th May 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the paperclip test it did this yesterday and its a piece of piss
Adam-D

27th May 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paper clip test wont work as it pops the fuses straight away which says to me check all the wiring as its shorting somwhere
1600power

27th May 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
paper clip test wont work as it pops the fuses straight away which says to me check all the wiring as its shorting somwhere

yep thats my job for 2morrow sadly shud b fun!
Adam-D

27th May 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just check each connection speciall round the batterey starter and alternator make sure you havent got anything where it shouldnt be

if you have any extra stereo disconnect it for now

elimiate each electrical part one by one, tedious but itll solve you problem.

also check the wiring on the engine loom make sure its earthed right and the ecu is connected properly any neons etc check they are wired correctly if in doubt disconnect them

New Poll