corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting 60mm jamex lowered spring onto Jamex front shocks, cannot fit top mount nut?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting 60mm jamex lowered spring onto Jamex front shocks, cannot fit top mount nut?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully somebody can help. my car is lowered 60mm at the front and its been on standard shocks, bought some jamex shocks and after doing the back, i have having major problems getting the top mount to fit onto the top of the shock.
ive compressed the springs as much as it will allow, but even when pushing down hard i stll cannot get a thread to put the nut on, if the nut could get a bit of thread , id be able to put it in with the nut.

does anyone know if im doing this wrong or if there is another way you fit the shock together, the shocks are shorter than the stardard ones, and so is the spring obviously, so im not too sure why im having such a problem?

hopefully somebody could help or give me mini step by step guide?

many thanks .
Sean-B

12th Dec 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the piston definitely all the way out, I.e not compressed at all?
Martin W
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think it is compressed, but its really the only reason why it doesnt fit. will try tomorrow thanks
barneykarl

15th Dec 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get this sorted ?.
Martin W
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate sorry , there was a metal triangular thing i kept putting on upside because i didnt pay enough attention when taking it off, all fixed and running now. thanks for your help guys

New Poll