corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What speakers should I get??? Advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What speakers should I get??? Advice needed
Corsa2000

User status: Offline
   2nd Mar 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’ve got components in the front of my car, amplified by 2 channels of a 4 channel amp, and a 12” sub amplified by a bridged two channel amp, and want to know which is the best sort of speakers to have in the back, amplified off the spare 2 channels off 4 channel amp.

I thought 6x9s but was told they’ll make sub sound rubbish, then though components for when boots open at a cruise, or do I go for 20cm 3 ways???
woz9

2nd Mar 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9's won't make da sub sound rubbish, u can chaneel da sound how u want using ur head unit. Cerwin Vega 6x9's are good, they're shit ot wiv dance tunes. I'm gettin' Orion ones, you might not of heard of them, they're round the same price as Vega's but are beta wiv Hip Hop and RnB. U defo need back speakers tho. Ope dat elped.
SRi_m00k

3rd Mar 03 at 02:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt go for 6x6's or 7x10's etc in the back wi the sub!!! it will take away from quality!!!! bass cancellation!!!

just stick something to give a bit of fill into the standard rear quarter panel positions but dont spend stupid money!!!

i think anythin under 5 1/4" will fit in there?? i picked up a set o alpine components on the cheap to fire in but they wont fit!!! BUMMER!!!! have to get something in there meself!!!
bluecorsasteve

3rd Mar 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kicker are great
wayne hiscock

4th Mar 03 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with everyone.

i had alpine componants in the front and pioneer 6x9's

disconnected the 6x9's and it was soo much clearer.

i got a m8 runnin just 2 subs and 2 focal componants and hes gettin 143db. and it sounds sweet

seriously m8 if u want quality u dont need rear speakers
Corsa2000

5th Mar 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am just wondering whether to put some in for when boots open at a cruise????
dixon

5th Mar 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the infinitys 6x9's they are shit hot or the kenwood 7x10's
corsa_sport_white

5th Mar 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which infinity 6x9s/?
SRi_m00k

6th Mar 03 at 03:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't do 6x9's wi a sub seriously!!! the frequencies cancel eachother out and result in rubbish sound!!!! if u need to go for another think of possibly another small component set up for some mid and high range!!! set it up on the ur headunit or eq if possible to run very little bass!!!
tazgirl22

6th Mar 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infinitys r top
Rocky

6th Mar 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for power Acoustic I got some 6x9s 300w 3 way Shit Hot

DJRockysw-cc.com
====================
Wales Organiser
Owner of WCM
SW-CC Member
email me
====================
Rover Steve

6th Mar 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pheonix gold. Classis. forget 6x9's. and all the rest of that. You want a good set of front speakers, preferable componants and a good powerful sub. If anyof you ever went to SQ+ with 6x9's you'd be told to turn aorund. For best sound you only need 5 speakers. belive me.
Got my last PG 15" sub on order £600
Ste
crimemastergogo

6th Mar 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got JBL 6x9s powered by JBL amp with the crossover just allowing mids and high so it gives anyone in the back a nice range but yeh the key ingrediant is definately a good component set.
TOMAS

7th Mar 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shove wot you like with what you like...

Anyone one here ever heard of crossovers? Nearly EVERY decent amp has them built-in.

6x9's may struggle with an 8" sub but anything more than that and you'll be fine! Cross the 6x9's or any other mid-range speaker at 80Hz highpass and the sub at 80hz lowpass. This is just a rule of thumb and different sized speakers will need different crossover frequencies. Now i wouldnt fit 6x9's because it will pull the stage to the rear but hell you can always fade them down, just because you have a 100W speaker dosent mean you have to be feeding it 100W ALL the time!! Completely fade the rear out and bring it in just enough to give ambience. A nice 51/4" co-axel should be plenty enough to achieve this effect.
Jamie @ SAS

8th Mar 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point about the crossovers.

I wouldn't have 6x9's anyway with a sub in the boot. Because apart from the frequency cancellation, the amount of force and high volume subwoofer produces will cause the cones of the 6x9's to move, and in turn, distort.

Like Tomas said, get a nice set of 5.25 coaxials but I'd build them into the side of the standard mounts at the side of the shelf.

You shouldn't have that much sound in the rear anyway. You don't go to a concert with your back to the stage do you?

It's all about soundstages people.

Jamie
TOMAS

9th Mar 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soundstage yes but a hell of a lot if not THE majority just want noise and the LOOK AT ME effect . Jamie you know if you use a steep enough crossover you should get virtually no cancellation what-so-ever with you're subwoofers and even then you can play with the phasing to tweak it further. LOL im using a 48dB crossover on my front components - STEEP !

[Edited on 09-03-2003 by TOMAS]

New Poll