corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » passenger question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author passenger question
divd23

User status: Offline
10th Jun 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of advice needed,

if i put 17`s on a corsa C will there be any arch work needed? keeping i n mind it has not been lowered...yet.

also without it being lowered and 17`s on it, how many ppl can i get in the back without it rubbing???
divd23

10th Jun 03 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does know one know?? i need some help with this..wb assap please!
Icy

10th Jun 03 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on offset
if its 42 or above itl be fine
divd23

10th Jun 03 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont understand about offsets on the car... im a dumbass,im just in2 makin my car look gd,not finkin that far... wot about an offset on the wheels?
Gambit

10th Jun 03 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by divd23
dont understand about offsets on the car... im a dumbass,im just in2 makin my car look gd,not finkin that far... wot about an offset on the wheels?

well then start learning....suppose your mum still dresses you in the morning also

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/techcenter/articles/46431/article.html
divd23

10th Jun 03 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah m8 no need too be cheeky is there... stop being a fanny.. only asking for sum help but obviously even you arent capable. why ppl like that anyway? i didnt ask for cheek i asked for help,otherwise i would rename this topic lets be cheeky to david.

so just leave this post if u aint got nothing good to say.
Corsakid84

10th Jun 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a corsa c with 17"s on it, and i got three people in the back of mine, and they were two fat bastards and a kid!!
Red_SXi

10th Jun 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard offset of the new corsa is anything over ET40.

The offset is the amount the wheel sticks out, the smaller the offset e.g. ET30 the more the wheel sticks out, and therefore will rub the arches because the wheel is sticking out, and when the suspension lowers going over bumps, or when people are in the back it catches the arch. Any offset over 40 will stick inside the arch enough that when your suspension goes over bumps, or when there are people in there the wheel fits on the inside of the arches.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense to you
Corsakid84

10th Jun 03 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, i never really understood that before but now i do, cheers red sxi
Gambit

10th Jun 03 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually ill edit this cause i cant be bothered arguing

just use the search function & u'll find the answer to most questions concerning a corsa!

[Edited on 10-06-2003 by Gambit]
divd23

12th Jun 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so ive read up on most of this, with an offset of 45 i will be able to put 17`s on a corsaC without lowering it, and i will get 3 ppl in the back of it? im i correct at saying this? anyone who has done this i would appreciate honest help.

cheers
Mav 3000

12th Jun 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Believe us - it is well worth reading up on mods before you commit to them - so you really want to walk blindly into buying an expensive set of alloys knowing nothing about them?

It'll work out to your advantage in the long run if you check the little details. This will save you buying TSW, OZ, washer neons and god awful stick on crap.

Good luck with the 17's.
divd23

13th Jun 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not investing in something i know very little about, i bought my bodykit, reiger kit, and im just interested in finding out about my alloys, as this is the main part in where my knowledge needs corrected,hence the reason i asked here,
ive decided to put 17`s on so hopefully they will look better than 16`s.
but i will still have2 find out off the guy in the shop i.e drivers what the best offset is. and also if i could hold 3 ppl in the back with 17`s on without it rubbing.
Mav 3000

13th Jun 03 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say you need an offset of 45-49mm. Lower it any more than 40mm (60mm looks best) and you'll need your arches cutting back to avoid scrubbing. Youre problably gonna have to de-bolt the rear arches anway - and 3 people in the back without problems will be optimistic. Just be prepared to mod the rear arches.
divd23

13th Jun 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just found out today off a guy in glasgow that he has 17`s on a CorsaC has 3 ppl in the back and doesnt rub. ive been offered these alloys for £400, there not too bad,there quite nice but i duno about taking them, think there about 8 or 9 spokes, and there quite thin all the way up, there quite nice, so i dunno.. im stuck.cood get a brand new set of 17s for £500, any opinions on this one????? anyone?

New Poll