corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Our new(ish) house thread... Garden started on finally

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Our new(ish) house thread... Garden started on finally
Cavey

User status: Offline
18th Feb 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been snowing here all fucking night as well, looks like it's not settling though, fingers crossed for tomorrow, Van is all booked so that's one thing less to worry about
dannymccann

19th Feb 10 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you get on yesterday? I assume you up at the crack of dawn this morning like me trying to get shit sorted!

Im getting the keys to our new place this weekend so will chuck some pics up in my thread. My garden looks tiny compared to yours, but it does come with a shed
Cavey

19th Feb 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out it's today instead of yesterday, so got all that excitement today, going to pick my mate up now, then to the van, then another mate, they can wait in the pub while I sign everything.

We do want a shed, can hide it away down the side of the house as there's plenty of space there as well

No internet for a week or two now, so should be able to have a load of pics ready for when I get back online
Conway563

19th Feb 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with it all mate
Cavey

22nd Mar 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After 5 weeks without the internet, finally got hooked up again today, although only 2.5mb becasue we're pretty far from the exchange, and the speedtest.net thing I just did came up at 0.4mb connection. Not good!

But means I can very slowly get some pics up

Cavey

22nd Mar 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few before and after pics from the day we moved in and the rooms being pretty much finished...

Kitchen before -

and After

Living Room before -

and After

Main bedroom

Still got a few odds and sods to do, putting up shelving etc, but need cash to go to ikea at the end of the month

Don't know how we managed to get everything in our old place, we've pretty much filled an extra storey and extra 4 rooms now!
Cavey

14th Apr 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got started on the garden today, but i'm off to Cuba for a week on friday, so not much else is gonna be done for a couple of weeks, but you get the idea of what i'm going for at least.

Will be a woodland kinda thing going on hopefully, got an apple tree in the middle with shrubs and foxgloves etc... either side, and climbers along the jurrasic park fence on the right.

Knackered after doing just this and it's hardly even started!
N16K

14th Apr 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to the right that is one tall fence! Why? If you don't mind me asking?
Cavey

14th Apr 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the A38 down the hill on the other side of it. Loads of trees too, so a normal fence would of been ok, guess it dulls out a lot of road noise though.

Hopefully i'll be able to get climbers all up it so it doesn't look so man-made anyway
Colin

14th Apr 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you got turf & fences to the side.....mine came as a plowed feild with a shitty single plank fence just to show the boundary.

Will need to do something soon before the weeds start growing!!
dannymccann

14th Apr 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same fences as weve got, even down to the plank running horizontally along the botom of the fence, what is it for?! Because ours is loose, doesnt seem to serve any sort of purpose
Cavey

14th Apr 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, dunno abput the fence.

I assumed it was instead of it being concrete? But if it's loose and does nothing then i dont know!

Colin, spoke to our neighbours and the house had been up for 1.5 years apparently. We assumed they were completely new built, so could be why they got fences etc...
JohnnyR

15th Apr 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
...the house had been up for 1.5 years apparently. We assumed they were completely new built, so could be why they got fences etc...

Ours was similar, we checked the RCD installation date (should be a sticker) and it said December 2008, we moved in November 2009. I believe this is one of the last things they do so it might be a good indication as to when it was complete (although anyone in the know, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by JohnnyR]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll