corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Altenator and fuses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Altenator and fuses
kingcharles

User status: Offline
   27th Feb 03 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have just purchased a new Viper Amplifier which has 3 x 30 amp fuses and i also have a Ultimate amp which i think has 2 x 20 amps fuses.

so I have 130 amps of fuses on the amplifiers, so what size fuse should i have in the inline power cable?

A friend of mine said that if i use a fuse that is too big then the altenator can not handle the current drain.
jipp

27th Feb 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 amp
Fear

27th Feb 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 or 40 will be the safest option in running one amp less powerful than the other!!! Maybe a 60amp would be ok!!!

New Poll