corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dodgy temperature??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dodgy temperature??
Mo

User status: Offline
25th Feb 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't know about ur corsa's but i drive a 1.6 16v sport and when the car is idling the temperature on the mfd and temp gauge starts to rise slowly. If a idle for long enough the temperature on the mfd show reading such as 15c at night and the car temp rises to just over half!

When i start to drive again it goes down back to the normal temperature reading.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or is it because the sensor is placed near the engine bay??

Kris TD

25th Feb 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep u got it
RichardSXi
Banned

25th Feb 03 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea u right.... its pretty accurate when driving... just when your not moving its quite off
corsa120

25th Feb 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do any of ulots water bottle empty on cold and then fill up when the engine is warm mine does this strange
Mo

25th Feb 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my water bottle seems to be fine when the engines cold i've not checked it when it's hot
RickV6

25th Feb 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
do any of ulots water bottle empty on cold and then fill up when the engine is warm mine does this strange

Not strange me boy, did u not know that when hot the level will rise, thus the name 'Expansion tank'

New Poll