corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For those of u that wanted to see how my...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For those of u that wanted to see how my...
l33t corsa

User status: Offline
17th Feb 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
So really back pressure is a real thing, not a myth.

Yeah, it's a real thing, but you certainly don't need it... it has no positive effect on performance.
d0gz_bollox

17th Feb 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a blowing exhaust does have a big effect of performance though so make sure you got it all clamped up nice n tight!
ainsley_brader

17th Feb 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Petherick
reverse crunching is a clutch cable problem

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
No its not Adam, theres more too it that that. Theres a lot mroe wrong with it. All bushes problems.

Yes it is cable or clutch

Ainsley
Daimo B

17th Feb 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not, its the linkage bushes actually of gearbox ball joint, so no its not the cable, and no its not the clutch
Trotty

17th Feb 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So early thoughts on the sound deadening are good then Daimo?

Ian
========
CorsaSport Moderator
South West Organiser
Click here to e-mail me
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership
========
Daimo B

17th Feb 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far yeah. Panels seem quite solid. Its not meant to prevent sound coming in. Its designed to stop the panels from vibrating and sound going out.

Seems we will be selling 3/4 products. Im happy with it though so far. And it keeps the warm in again lol.
ainsley_brader

17th Feb 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not, its the linkage bushes actually of gearbox ball joint, so no its not the cable, and no its not the clutch

Daimo I care not what they tell you Ive spent the last 5 years rebuilding gearboxs.
There is only 1 thing that will make you car crunch into gear and that is the gears turning caused by the clutch not clearing so IT IS eithe clutch or cable.

The bushes on the linkage which are a common fault on corsas would cause difficulty oin engaging gears and possibly jumping out of gear.

Ainsley

[Edited on Monday 17th February 2003 by ainsley_brader]
Trotty

17th Feb 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, panel vibration was always my biggest complaint in the old car. How thick is this stuff? Or are we talking Dynamat thickness and then layer this foam stuff over the top yeah?

Ian
========
CorsaSport Moderator
South West Organiser
Click here to e-mail me
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership
========
Daimo B

18th Feb 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:

Daimo I care not what they tell you Ive spent the last 5 years rebuilding gearboxs.
There is only 1 thing that will make you car crunch into gear and that is the gears turning caused by the clutch not clearing so IT IS eithe clutch or cable.

The bushes on the linkage which are a common fault on corsas would cause difficulty oin engaging gears and possibly jumping out of gear.

Ainsley

[Edited on Monday 17th February 2003 by ainsley_brader]

Yes and that my problem. Getting into each gear u have to throw it in, and to get in reverse u either have to turn the car off, or put up with the crunch. I did say i never explained it very well. But ur last paragraph just showed me that what i've been told is right. Not your fault, but as i say, never explained it fully.

But at least u've written down for me what the problem is without me saying the full lot. Shows u know ur stuff

I know who to come to if i have a gearbox problem

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For those of u that wanted to see how my... 23 database queries in 0.0147328 seconds