corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Earthing???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Earthing???
Mo

User status: Offline
14th Feb 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wanted to know where everybody has earthed there amps and where is the best place to connect it.

thanks
bluecorsaSXi

14th Feb 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best place is a very clean piece of body work, like a freshly drilled hole!! or finding another good contact point like seat belt anchors, or where mine are, the bolt holding the rear seat bracket!
Tim
Site Administrator

14th Feb 03 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, if you're talking about extreme currents (high power stuff) they you might want to solder the connection too to increase the area for conduction...

I personally have it bolted under the rear seat on the passenger side, with it soldered and bolted.

Quick bit of info too (as some people don't realise this) -- the earth cable needs to be of the same power rating and quality as the power cable *to* the amp, in order to complete the circuit with no bottleneck.
bluecorsaSXi

14th Feb 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot current would be classed as high tim???
Mo

15th Feb 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've running two amp both with a seperate earth lead. one amps 300w and it running fine. the other amp which is 600w comes on but i'm getting loads of loud distrotion (noise). I have earthed this amp on the bolt which holds down the back passengers seat belt.
is this due to the earth lead?

please help cause the noise is driving my crazy!!!!!

New Poll