corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage for 1p a month...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage for 1p a month...
Ojc

User status: Offline
30th Mar 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant
Stu_22

30th Mar 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
But what sort of deposit do you need. I got a fixed rate for 3 yeas at 7% but thats 100% mortgage.

God knows what will happen after that

When did you get that? Thats really high, but I suppose for 100% you cant always have the pick of the offers.

Think that was with approx 15% deposit.

Just before the credit cruch kicked off here, thats the only deal we could get then so would be stuffed now
Cosmo

30th Mar 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought as much, thats why the rate is so high - although you wouldnt get a 100% now.
_Allan_

31st Mar 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best I can find at the moment and as a first time buyer is 4.15% with the Post Office fixed for 5 years at 75% LTV. Deffo thinking of going for this before the climb of prices again.
Cosmo

31st Mar 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4.15% fixed for 5yrs
John

31st Mar 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good.

25% of anything is a LOT though.
_Allan_

31st Mar 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
4.15% fixed for 5yrs

I'm not sure if your shocked at the 5 years or the rate.
For a first time buyer and a little green on the whole mortgage side of things in general. I can't see the BofE rate getting any less. As banks seem to charge at the moment 3%-4% ontop of the BofE rate then I can only see things going up. Yes I could get a cheaper 2 year fixed rate but I bet in two years time the next fixed rate will be around 4-6%. We both think having a fixed cost for the next 5 years will allow us to budget.

As John said 25% of anything is alot but as long as we get the new build house at the reduced rate we want, it's value should only stay the same or increase and hopefully the money will be invested safely.
J da Silva

31st Mar 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
4.15% fixed for 5yrs

Alot of the banks are offering stuff like or around 4.15% for 5years, my brother just got 4.39% fixed for 3 years at Halifax, put 15% down and hopefully when he comes out of his fixed rate he'll have saved enough up to go to the 'One account'.
Cosmo

31st Mar 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, Im not amazed at the actual rate, thats to be expected at the moment, I am amazed banks are actually offering such long terms.

Its very likely that when the markets begin to rebound fully, in a couple of years maybe, the interest rates are going to go a fair amount up - and a 5yr term is maybe just long enough to see out the major rate hikes and for things to return to some sort of normality.

I put off moving from my apartment to a house and getting a mortgage about a year ago as knew this was going to happen, but I really didnt expect to be seeing these sorts of deals on the table (2yrs, maybe 3, but not 5!). May get myself a meeting with an advisor next week and see what sort of deal I can get as will have a big deposit to put down on any deal.
Faye_2003

1st Apr 09 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
4.15% fixed for 5yrs

Alot of the banks are offering stuff like or around 4.15% for 5years, my brother just got 4.39% fixed for 3 years at Halifax, put 15% down and hopefully when he comes out of his fixed rate he'll have saved enough up to go to the 'One account'.

He ended up taking the 5 year option but you went away just before he did but it was fixed at 4.47 on the 5 year one.
M2RTY

2nd Apr 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a One Account

perfect really
ENB

3rd Apr 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No, Im not amazed at the actual rate, thats to be expected at the moment, I am amazed banks are actually offering such long terms.

Its very likely that when the markets begin to rebound fully, in a couple of years maybe, the interest rates are going to go a fair amount up - and a 5yr term is maybe just long enough to see out the major rate hikes and for things to return to some sort of normality.

I put off moving from my apartment to a house and getting a mortgage about a year ago as knew this was going to happen, but I really didnt expect to be seeing these sorts of deals on the table (2yrs, maybe 3, but not 5!). May get myself a meeting with an advisor next week and see what sort of deal I can get as will have a big deposit to put down on any deal.

I got my 5 year deal, which went through the application process literally the weekend before they removed 100% mortgages, around May/June last year. I paid a 5% deposit.
J da Silva

3rd Apr 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
I have a One Account

perfect really

Your telling me, I had this for a bit and I'm not going into my financial status but I basically swallowed my house up in no time.
These accounts are good for people on top brass with loads of savings though, not ideal for a first time buyer (other than the fact they'd get refused anyway).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll