corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » coilpacks!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author coilpacks!!
jibjob

User status: Offline
   28th Dec 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically on my corsa b the coilpack went so i bought another, then that went a week later and i bought another and now thats gone 2weeks later. now i cant see it just being bad luck and getting 2 dodgy coilpacks so does anyone have any idea what it might be?

ive checked all my connections (unplugged,cleaned, replugged) check all the wires, leads, etc and nothing unusual.

please someone help me as its costing me a lot of money and hassle each time it goes.
Vaux Lad

28th Dec 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the "broken" ones on another engine would be my plan
jibjob

28th Dec 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done this and they dont work... is there something somewhere along the ignition line that is making them break or am i just unlucky?
barneykarl

1st Jan 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok had a word with the main man ,your resitance should be no more than .6ohm you should be getting a 3ms pulse ,sounds like a wireing problem from the ecu to the coilpack ecu fires 1@4 and 3@2 so looks like the coilpack is grounding out some where, so you are cooking the coilpacks check your cables from the ecu all the way to coilpack and look for poor or grounded wires , you can fit new coilpacks for ever and be wasting money.
maxx16v

1st Jan 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try running an earth from ecu direct to the battery earth
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jan 09 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say there is a short on the wiring somewhere
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive checked all the earths and they are all tight and clean and all the wires and fine no splits or anything. checked the rest of the wires and cant seem to find anything wrong anywhere. im stumped! im going to just tow it to the garage soon as i can and get them to run a diagnostic check on it see what turns up.

New Poll