corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lupo GTI vs 106 GTI

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lupo GTI vs 106 GTI
Rob B

User status: Offline
5th May 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair 106 GTI's are very quick, was in my mates Type R last night and my mate in his GTI with just an ecosse filter pretty much kept up

Paul did you say my engine used to keep up with you ?
Paul_J

5th May 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I first ever met Sly_Sri he told me he had a 1.6. I had only just got my gti and it was completely standard.

We were driving to a meet and I opened it up on a dual carriageway next to him and I couldn't believe how slowly I was getting past him I was absolutely gutted as I thought I had bought a Gti which should've killed a Corsa Gsi no probs.

When we got to the meet he showed me his engine and I was like you bastard

My car was quicker, but I think it was only due to the weight. Obviously once I got the breathing mods on I was doing 15.3's and would leave it.

If I was you rob, I'd drop some cams in there and get the whole lot remapped! Those replacement inlets work well with a remap, so cams as well it'd be good Jr style

Sly_SRi has a little something for me to compete with once he gets his car back on the road though. 2.0 16v XE on carbs possibly camm'd too
Rob B

5th May 06 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, as you say im edging ever closer to my mates Gti, can stay level with him when he has his bird in the car and im on my own..
Paul_J

5th May 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the vaux 1.6 makes more torque standard than the gti lump. Get your car remapped (but drop some cams in first so its doubly good) and say bye bye to your mates gti
Rob B

5th May 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he beats everything , even when i was in the type R we only pulled away slightly ...
Paul_J

5th May 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
he beats everything , even when i was in the type R we only pulled away slightly ...

Was it a modern Type R?

This is one of the amusing things, some people believe Type R's are the holy grail (a bit like clio 172s etc) and because the gti is a 1.6 - it surely should not stand a chance.

Sadly I'm not one for street racing and I have never been up against a clio 182 / CTR but I would like to Especially with cams

I like suprising really quick expensive cars, like porsche's / aston martins (there's loads round where I live) and although they all kick the shit out of me, I think it definately suprises them when they try to gun it off the lights and through 1st and 2nd gear I'm still there next to them (they can't drive for shit though, rich wankers lol) - then I get into 3rd gear and watch them start pulling away and so I just slam the anchors on and watch them zoom off at 80 / 90 mph
stuartmitchell

5th May 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a race with a Lupo gti once, I beat it but he put up a good fight, I really like them though, cool wee cars.
Rob B

5th May 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an older one, i just lvoe the type R cause of the noise the HKS induction kit makes in VTEC
Marc

5th May 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lupo is the better all round car but I reckon you would have more fun in the 106. I doubt the Lupo is as tunable also, not that you would buy one to mess with.
Rob B

5th May 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention my mate has, air bag light on, traction thingy light on, and snapped 2 drive shafts since having it French eh
K2 GTi

5th May 06 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah I always seem to get type R's next to me and yes they do pull away but not by alot im never far behind.... one guy pulled next to me and said "your car flies mate".. i was like, yeah cheers
Sooty
Banned

5th May 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTR's only used to get away from me after 125mph
Paul_J

5th May 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not done 125 mph for over a year and half
Sooty
Banned

5th May 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bit hairy, the window seals used to whistle above 100 quite scarey.. they will top out in 5th though if you find a long enough runway :S
K2 GTi

5th May 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I not had any problems at high speed really
Paul_J

5th May 06 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only problems I ever had at high speed were unmarked evo's pulling me over
K2 GTi

5th May 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i hope i never come across one.... i stay to the speed limit 90% of the time anyway
Cybermonkey

5th May 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Was it a modern Type R?

This is one of the amusing things, some people believe Type R's are the holy grail (a bit like clio 172s etc) and because the gti is a 1.6 - it surely should not stand a chance.

Sadly I'm not one for street racing and I have never been up against a clio 182 / CTR but I would like to Especially with cams

I like suprising really quick expensive cars, like porsche's / aston martins (there's loads round where I live) and although they all kick the shit out of me, I think it definately suprises them when they try to gun it off the lights and through 1st and 2nd gear I'm still there next to them (they can't drive for shit though, rich wankers lol) - then I get into 3rd gear and watch them start pulling away and so I just slam the anchors on and watch them zoom off at 80 / 90 mph

i suspect a Clio 182 (particularly the Trophy) would show you the door in any situation.
Danny P

5th May 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a Lupo GTi and have to say they are fantastic little cars (although I would say that) I've driven a 106 GTi so I cant comment on how they compare.

I've never raced one either, but IMO I reckon the 106 would pip the Lupo to 60mph, although it would be close.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lupo GTI vs 106 GTI 23 database queries in 0.0157120 seconds