corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » question about sky in another room

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question about sky in another room
Bart

User status: Offline
15th Oct 08 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have sky plus in my living room and would like to get sky upstairs.
If i bought a ordinary box from ebay (around £20-£30 mark), would i need to somehow obtain another viewing card?

Is there any easy way to get this done without paying the extra £10 a month?
Bart

15th Oct 08 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just read:
quote:

Option 1: The Sky Link solution works by being cabled into the second RF output port of your current Sky or Sky+ box and goes to where-ever the TV is that you want to use it on, it then you simply plug the included iR reciever into the end of the coax cable, and the other end of the lead into the RF socket of the TV. Downsides of this solution is that it requires the LCD screen or whatever you decide on to have an RF socket and for you to trail a long coaxial cable all the way from the Sky box to the second TV.

So my main sky+ box has a coax output, which I can run upstairs to another box, the only downside being what ever is on upstairs is on downstairs? (that doesnt matter).
C2RL R

15th Oct 08 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats how my ex's parents had there's set up. its a cheap way to do it if you aint bothered about having to watch the same thing.

New Poll