corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky and Sky+

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky and Sky+
ed

User status: Offline
18th Jul 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
i was thinking of ringing them up and asking. Just say something like i came back from Uni, canceled my sky account and brought the box home with me.

The only thing i can see them saying is yes thats fine, but we're gonna charge you for installation or something
If you read the Sky FAQ it says it's ok to buy second hand equipment from your firends to use, so one would assume that it's ok to buy new from a retailer. They say all you need to do is phone up for installation or just phone them up to associate the box.
broster
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had sky+ fitted, put the old box in the study and got a card off ebay, works well....... sky + is a con tho IMO, they word it to be alot better than it actually is!
ed

21st Jul 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ended up getting a Sky HD box as it was £70 more than the Sky price of a Sky+ box. I'm interested in this anytime service, plus once more HD channels become available I would like to try that one out too
John

21st Jul 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed today, brand spanking new pv3 box including the on demand
ed

21st Jul 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to wait a week and a half before I move into the flat to get mine setup. Will buy the TV and try and get everything setup before I move in though, if I'm allowed to
PhilC

21st Jul 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i had sky+ fitted, put the old box in the study and got a card off ebay, works well....... sky + is a con tho IMO, they word it to be alot better than it actually is!

Its free though??

The £99 for the box is a bargain, if you use all the recording features through your phone etc
Greg_M

22nd Jul 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could i say, just buy a sky HD box off ebay (as they go for 170ish) and just ring up and activate, as there is a dish still here from the last people

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll